Question Should I save the look or the preset?

Sizzle

Reactions
I don't know what the differences are between these two, what should I keep if I want to use that particular girl model in another scene?

The confusion comes because you're not actually refering to anything specifically.
You have several types of presets in VaM, presets are JSON formated text files, and the ones you're likely asking about are look preset and appearance preset. A look preset is very similar to a appearance preset but it's a legacy preset you shouldn't use anymore, use only appearance presets.

Upvote 0
In many cases, I think you can use LOOK to transplant the character's appearance.
This will probably meet your needs.

If you can try something in your own environment, it's better to try it than listen to it.

Upvote 0
In many cases, I think you can use LOOK to transplant the character's appearance.
This will probably meet your needs.

If you can try something in your own environment, it's better to try it than listen to it.
I would argue against using a look preset. Why? Because it stores the atom's name in the preset, unlike the appearance preset. Changing the atom's name can break triggers in a scene if the name is different than the scene's.
A appearance preset has no downsides compared to a look preset, it's also prominently shown in the person's tabs, There's no reason to use a look preset over a appearance preset.

Upvote 1
The confusion comes because you're not actually refering to anything specifically.
I just want to use a girl from one scene in another scene. So, should I keep her "look" or her "preset"?
1696174539665.png

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom