Question Lights sync to music?

Toddy

Reactions
Is there a plugin which allows lights to be sync to music? If not where cN

You can create this from within VaM with no need for a plugin.
It is a bit difficult to explain from memory,
but you can add a special rythm sound source and a rythm trigger that can trigger things like lights.
In the VaM example scenes there was a disco clubbing scene which made use of this. You may want to take a look at this. I don't know if there is a special plugin for this, because it is easy to do by experienced users.

Upvote 0
Like TToby said no extra plugins needed, it might require some getting used to (but it's easy enough until you get the hang of it).
Also if you don't plan using rythm/sync force than simple audio source volume triggers can do the job.

You can see example on my lights concept scene (using only audio source volume triggers to change light settings and AP speed/time).

There's also old YT video by JustLookingForNothin using rythm force, if you need to move/push stuff around.

Upvote 0
Like TToby said no extra plugins needed, it might require some getting used to (but it's easy enough until you get the hang of it).
Also if you don't plan using rythm/sync force than simple audio source volume triggers can do the job.

You can see example on my lights concept scene (using only audio source volume triggers to change light settings and AP speed/time).

There's also old YT video by JustLookingForNothin using rythm force, if you need to move/push stuff around.

Hi, I just downloaded your amazing scene, but I've scratched my head for an hour and still couldn't figure out how you were able to sync the intensity of the lights to your music beats/rhythm. I've literally spent my whole day searching on the web and trying things out in the game, just trying to figure this out. I'm getting really frustrated at the moment, please help me out here!

Upvote 0
Hi, I just downloaded your amazing scene, but I've scratched my head for an hour and still couldn't figure out how you were able to sync the intensity of the lights to your music beats/rhythm. I've literally spent my whole day searching on the web and trying things out in the game, just trying to figure this out. I'm getting really frustrated at the moment, please help me out here!
I use plugins to accomplished syncing lights to music. I started using rhythm audio source atoms which worked well for me initially. I tried SallySoundFX, which is a awesome plugin. I eventually settled on using hazmhox.vamaudioanalyzer. The demo scene is excellent example of the power of VAM. The easiest way (for me) to figure out what is going on in the background is to find the sliders or buttons (triggers) on the select atom tab and examine what is being triggered in the variable action. Although this has helped me in many scenes and gave me a better understanding of VAM, I find myself sticking with plugin.

Upvote 0
I use plugins to accomplished syncing lights to music. I started using rhythm audio source atoms which worked well for me initially. I tried SallySoundFX, which is a awesome plugin. I eventually settled on using hazmhox.vamaudioanalyzer. The demo scene is excellent example of the power of VAM. The easiest way (for me) to figure out what is going on in the background is to find the sliders or buttons (triggers) on the select atom tab and examine what is being triggered in the variable action. Although this has helped me in many scenes and gave me a better understanding of VAM, I find myself sticking with plugin.
Thanks for the reply but I still couldn't figure out how to trigger the light intensity with audio source or hazmhoxaudioanlayer plugin. There isn't any trigger button from audio source atom nor the plugin from hazmhox. Is it different from a trigger button I create from the UI menu which I can directly configure things that I want to trigger? I am really confused maybe I am just too dumb. :(

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply but I still couldn't figure out how to trigger the light intensity with audio source or hazmhoxaudioanlayer plugin. There isn't any trigger button from audio source atom nor the plugin from hazmhox. Is it different from a trigger button I create from the UI menu which I can directly configure things that I want to trigger? I am really confused maybe I am just too dumb. :(
OK, I think I got it! I've got the hazmhox's plugin to work finally! But I am still none the wiser about the audio source trigger.

Upvote 0
OK, I think I got it! I've got the hazmhox's plugin to work finally! But I am still none the wiser about the audio source trigger.
Although there are several ways to trigger sound/music, most of the time I simply create a UIBotton trigger. Here is a good tutorial on basic triggers.

Upvote 0
It's straightforward example using only VaM built-in stuff. All key triggers are under Volume Actions inside AudioSource atom. ;)
Everything else is toggle or slider trigger, less important atoms are hidden (press H).
volumeAction.jpg

Upvote 0
It's straightforward example using only VaM built-in stuff. All key triggers are under Volume Actions inside AudioSource atom. ;)
Everything else is toggle or slider trigger, less important atoms are hidden (press H).
View attachment 273948
Awesome! Guess I overlooked those trigger buttons. You are my man! Thank you for taking your time answering my question. Much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom