Licensing differences in the VAM Hub between web & ingame

Fantana

Reactions
There is licensing differences between what is shown in the VAM Hub on the webbrowser and ingame.
I've noticed in one particular asset, which I was about to use as dependency, would show as "PC" licensing ingame.
While in the webbrowser, it shows up as "CC-BY-NC-ND".

Ingame Hub
Screenshot_2023-07-28_003355.jpg

Web Hub
Screenshot_2023-07-28_003425.jpg

Checking the "meta.json" file of the asset, it does indeed show that the licensing for it is "PC". So it grabs it probably from there.
I don't know how many VARs are affected by this issue. I just noticed this one.

Since the licensing has turned into an important key point recently, it would be nice to have the correct license right away.
Without having to double check.

This is not a bug and you were already answered on discord, but you might have missed the message! 🙂

Because some creators forget to change the PC license when moving the resource to the free section, and to make the license easier to understand, we decided to have the hub website display all PC resources as CC BY-NC-ND which means you cannot modify or distribute, the strictest license. You can think of PC and NC-ND as identical for most intents and purposes. PC EA on the other hand will now correctly display the secondary license on the Hub. The in-game browser is a bigger challenge. When in doubt, check on the hub website or contact the author.
To reiterate - if an author had a PC item and released it for "free", we assume they intended it to be non-commercial unless stated otherwise. If the author is no longer around, then their PC work is forever treated as NC-ND if it is free, which means it can never be used in a paid resource.

This is not a bug and you were already answered on discord, but you might have missed the message! 🙂

Yeah, sorry! I've seen your statement about the bug/issue after posting this. Realized too late 😅

You or any admin can delete this thread if it's necessary!

Back
Top Bottom