Lazy Couturier Fashion Week

Scenes Lazy Couturier Fashion Week

Nayris

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Nayris submitted a new resource:

Lazy Couturier Fashion Week - newbee,scene,clocthing,looks,

PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING!

Hello everyone! After the community quite warmly accepted my previous content, I decided to try to build a scene a little more complicated than, for example, "Nikos")))

So we present to your attention the Lazy Couturier Fashion Week!

As the title suggests, the scene is a parody of a fashion show. (For this, several costumes of varying degrees of quality and bugs were created, use them freely and do not judge strictly - we...

Read more about this resource...

Hey Nayris. Since you asked for feedback...

1 - no matter how you perceive something "that is not your fault because it's VaM", something that prevents enjoying a scene properly is a bug. The resources loading on the fly might be the way VaM behaves, it is to me (and any user trying your scene) a bug as it makes the scene barely enjoyable.

There is a solution to that : use any kind of trick that would preload everything. The basic idea would be to use VAMOverlay, being in dark for a second, preload everything in the background... then fading in and only allowing the user to start the scene after that.
In this case, you would have a timeline for instance, with an animation swapping all your clothes during the first seconds of the scene, then you start.

I honestly think it's a good idea, but VaM is not really "calibrated" to swap that much clothes in a realtime situation, I had absolutely no problem, but people with less RAM/VRAM might end up crashing. But you could try that preload solution tho.

2 - that's a way to see things, but I think it could be a "best practice" : never ever use online content. The moment your online content breaks, your scene is broken. As you say, with perfs, it also makes it potentially glitchy. So bake everything in your scene, especially music which is not hard to add to a .var release.

3 - Avoid mp3 for a game. Ogg performs better ( better quality for an overall equivalent size ) and it can loop.

It is a great start, but polish is the important part. No matter how "newbie" you are... people do not care, they will judge you based on your content... and most will not read your description. If you feel like something is glitchy/buggy and you do not enjoy your own scene before release... then it might not be the time to release it and find a solution to fix it. Because if you don't on your side, it's gonna be the same (or even worse) on the player's side : )

Keep improving your scene, and I think it might end up great!
Cheers.

Hey Nayris. Since you asked for feedback...

1 - no matter how you perceive something "that is not your fault because it's VaM", something that prevents enjoying a scene properly is a bug. The resources loading on the fly might be the way VaM behaves, it is to me (and any user trying your scene) a bug as it makes the scene barely enjoyable.

There is a solution to that : use any kind of trick that would preload everything. The basic idea would be to use VAMOverlay, being in dark for a second, preload everything in the background... then fading in and only allowing the user to start the scene after that.
In this case, you would have a timeline for instance, with an animation swapping all your clothes during the first seconds of the scene, then you start.

I honestly think it's a good idea, but VaM is not really "calibrated" to swap that much clothes in a realtime situation, I had absolutely no problem, but people with less RAM/VRAM might end up crashing. But you could try that preload solution tho.

2 - that's a way to see things, but I think it could be a "best practice" : never ever use online content. The moment your online content breaks, your scene is broken. As you say, with perfs, it also makes it potentially glitchy. So bake everything in your scene, especially music which is not hard to add to a .var release.

3 - Avoid mp3 for a game. Ogg performs better ( better quality for an overall equivalent size ) and it can loop.

It is a great start, but polish is the important part. No matter how "newbie" you are... people do not care, they will judge you based on your content... and most will not read your description. If you feel like something is glitchy/buggy and you do not enjoy your own scene before release... then it might not be the time to release it and find a solution to fix it. Because if you don't on your side, it's gonna be the same (or even worse) on the player's side : )

Keep improving your scene, and I think it might end up great!
Cheers.
Thank you so much for your extensive and detailed review. Yes, I understand that we swung at a too cumbersome stage. To be honest, the last few days I have been rebuilding the scene trying to achieve smoothness and immersion, but the scene either broke or worked even worse. The biggest problem was the models - I could not put all 6 girls at the same time because my computer refused to work with such a load and I wanted to leave an element of random appearance.
Thanks again for your attention and all the best to you!
(sorry if my english is not clear - i use google translator)

Wow this is really amazing, i really loved this scene! Thank you! :) Is there anyway to customize this scene? How can i swap out girls to my girls? and clothes to my clothing sets? Would love to try this! :) Again thank you for AMAZING SCENE i love fashion too! :D

Wow this is really amazing, i really loved this scene! Thank you! :) Is there anyway to customize this scene? How can i swap out girls to my girls? and clothes to my clothing sets? Would love to try this! :) Again thank you for AMAZING SCENE i love fashion too! :D
Yes, you can change models and outfits, but it can be a little technically difficult. since we chose not the easiest way to build it. A lot of things can break in particular random colors of outfits when re-showing.

It controls the appearance of the models.
Each plugin contains 3 appearance presets (appearance must be completely nude)

1643982037238.png

next one is a clotch preset triggers (D1-SSet7)
Clothes control is usually in the first top action in the start actions category (but I'm lazy and sloppy, so exceptions are possible)

1643982218770.png
1643982396406.png

Last edited:
When I downloaded and ran the atoms looked different than the screen shots above. I could not follow how to add more models. Is that possible with the download now linked. Can I get instructions. Are you making this better? Do you have Patreon page?

When I downloaded and ran the atoms looked different than the screen shots above. I could not follow how to add more models. Is that possible with the download now linked. Can I get instructions. Are you making this better? Do you have Patreon page?
If you mean the model itself shown in the screenshots, it is not included in the provided model pack, but is used solely for demonstration purposes. No, I don't have a Patreon page. I thought about doing it better and without downloads, but have not yet figured out how to do it without ruining the performance and without losing the variety of models.

Exemplary catwalk scene since 2019. The best one thus far (and there are a few such as TGC, Nial). More Greek themed clothes!

Hey again! Is there a method to add more clothing sets to the mix so one could have more than 12 presets? Which plugin/triggers must be modified to allow this? Thank you! :)

Hey again! Is there a method to add more clothing sets to the mix so one could have more than 12 presets? Which plugin/triggers must be modified to allow this? Thank you!
Hello, triggers "D(#)" and "S(#)" are responsible for changing outfits. Note that the triggers are logically looped (maybe this is much easier to do, but I'm not at all into programming) Each trigger goes through three steps (1. loads a clothing preset, 2. turns on the next one in sequence and 3. turns himself off)
You can add as many similar triggers as you like, but they must fire strictly one after the other. I just created one trigger and saved it as a preset and used it as a template.
1656877253370.png

Thank you! An existing trigger (collisionTrigger) was saved as a preset and loaded into a new trigger atom. Then the same process was applied to each new trigger atom. With this method, you could add as many trigger as you'd like and assign a path load to a clothing preset folder not just the one within the .var file. Although the saved preset wasn't exactly 1:1 because some parameters had to be changed to match the existing triggers bundled in with the scene.

Also, your method of changing out the models was just a simple matter of changing the choices with Macgruber's plugin. So far I'm very pleased with the versatility of the scene (changing out models, chaning/adding clothing presets). Yes, some work has to be done to custom tailor the scene but once that's finished everything is crazy fun when you have like 30+ different sets on numerous models walking out on stage one by one. It's crazy fun!

It's not 100% perfect though. If you were to return to this scene, some suggestions listed here:

1) Adding dynamic spotlights to bring more life to the scene (with a UIToggle)
2) More variations in the animations of the walking styles of the models
3) Adding a performance friendly Unity asset to simulate crowd around the catwalk stage i.e. https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/animated-people.15464/
4) More optimizations to the scene such as lighting to improve performance

Thank you! An existing trigger (collisionTrigger) was saved as a preset and loaded into a new trigger atom. Then the same process was applied to each new trigger atom. With this method, you could add as many trigger as you'd like and assign a path load to a clothing preset folder not just the one within the .var file. Although the saved preset wasn't exactly 1:1 because some parameters had to be changed to match the existing triggers bundled in with the scene.

Also, your method of changing out the models was just a simple matter of changing the choices with Macgruber's plugin. So far I'm very pleased with the versatility of the scene (changing out models, chaning/adding clothing presets). Yes, some work has to be done to custom tailor the scene but once that's finished everything is crazy fun when you have like 30+ different sets on numerous models walking out on stage one by one. It's crazy fun!

It's not 100% perfect though. If you were to return to this scene, some suggestions listed here:

1) Adding dynamic spotlights to bring more life to the scene (with a UIToggle)
2) More variations in the animations of the walking styles of the models
3) Adding a performance friendly Unity asset to simulate crowd around the catwalk stage i.e. https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/animated-people.15464/
4) More optimizations to the scene such as lighting to improve performance
I don't know if I will rework this scene. For several reasons - 1 I don't have a moсap, so I can't create new walking animations (I used the default ones) 2 I don't know how to change the method of switching outfits and models without annoying loading and scene interruptions.

Back
Top Bottom