Keeping feet on the ground?

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
I'm playing around with some animations and am having trouble keeping the models feet on the ground. They always seem to float an inch or more above it. Is there a trick to locking feet to a ground surface? Did a search and nothing really came up.

Just drag the point way below the surface. This forces the joint to stay on the ground.

If the animation was made using a model that's taller than the model currently in the scene, then the models feet aren't going to reach the ground simply because she's being suspended from the nodes being animated and her legs aren't long enough.

Your options are to make the model taller until it does fit, replace the appearance with one that is taller, or, as a cheat, raise the floor a bit.

Just drag the point way below the surface. This forces the joint to stay on the ground.

Yeah I tried that first but the knees and legs bend, which would be logical I suppose.

I'll try DJ's suggestions. Was kind of hoping there was a setting to "lock" feet to the ground.

if the feet are not directly moved by the animation you could try selecting each foot or toe and select lock the y axis in the move tab.

if the feet are not directly moved by the animation you could try selecting each foot or toe and select lock the y axis in the move tab.

One of the animations I was trying was someone playing soccer so their feet and knees were moving. But I did try another where someone was just standing with their upper body moving and was able to lock the feet to the ground.

Well I'm back with the same problem. This time it's related to if I try to make a model shorter, by adjusting their upper body and/or lower body morph settings. When I do this I can't seem to drag their feet to the floor. When I try either they snap back to the floating position or the knees bend. What's worse is that when I try raising the floor the model just goes up also. It seems like I am stuck with using models at their normal height unless someone has another idea to try.

I seem to recall a shortcut in Daz Studio that snapped a figure to the ground so I was hoping VaM had something like that.

I seem to recall a shortcut in Daz Studio that snapped a figure to the ground so I was hoping VaM had something like that.

Vam does not have anything like that.

In this particular circumstance, it sounds like the foot/leg colliders are extending well past he models actual feet. This can happen with come combinations of morphs, though I'm not clear on exactly what causes the issue. Try using the collider editor to see if this is, in fact the case and fix it if it is. But you will need to save the collider preset and load it every time you use this model.

Back
Top Bottom