Question Is there any software Similar to VAM?

capta134

Reactions
I am interested to know if there are any software alternatives that can rival Virtual Assistant for Mates (VAM).
Please exclude mentioning games, as I have found that even the most advanced erotic games typically only can match 1 or 2 scenes of VAM and often have significant limitations in customization.

I specifically want to know if there is another sandbox software similar to VAM out there.

Last edited:
When we talk about interactive VR scenes and endless possibilities, then no there isn't any other software like VaM.

When we talk about character creation with adult possibilities, then yes. It's named Daz3d.

Many software is indeed very limited in content, you only get what the developer gives you. Limited in content, limited in customization.

VaM and Daz3d are community driven, which means, the developer gives us the software and the community makes the content. Which make both software a success. Both receive daily content from the community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When we talk about interactive VR scenes and endless possibilities, then no there isn't any other software like VaM.

When we talk about character creation with adult possibilities, then yes. It's named Daz3d.

Many software is indeed very limited in content, you only get what the developer gives you. Limited in content, limited in customization.

VaM and Daz3d are community driven, which means, the developer gives us the software and the community makes the content. Which make both software a success. Both receive daily content from the community.
Can you make or get erotic scenes in Daz? All I found in Daz where static images , assets.

Upvote 0
Can you make or get erotic scenes in Daz? All I found in Daz where static images , assets.
Can you make or get erotic scenes in Daz? All I found in Daz were static images , assets.
I am interested to know if there are any software alternatives that can rival Virtual Assistant for Mates (VAM).
Please exclude mentioning games, as I have found that even the most advanced erotic games typically only can match 1 or 2 scenes of VAM and often have significant limitations in customization.

I specifically want to know if there is another sandbox software similar to VAM out there.
Also DAZ contents seem to be really expensive. I see a sinlge look at $15. Daz itself seem to be far more complicated than VAM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
VaM is easier to use and you have interactive scene's, but it's kinda dated with technology. For example, lighting possibilities are limited and VaM uses genesis 2.

Daz3d is more complicated but it offers the newest technology like Genesis 9, Ray tracing and many other technology.

You can also use Daz3d assets for interactive purposes, but then you need to buy a interactive license above the asset price, which is 35 to 50 dollars.

Keep in mind that both software have copyright rules. You can read the VaM policies here https://hub.virtamate.com/forums/policies.39/

In Daz3d, you can use all the assets you bought in your work and sell your work without issue. As long you got those assets in a legal way. So yes, it's more expensive, but it also has its pro's.

So in short, VaM and Daz3d are very powerful character creation software. VaM is compared to Daz3d dated but easier to use and you have VR interactive scene's. Daz3d does have way newer technology, but it doesn't have interactive VR scenes like VaM, but you can create more realistic characters as VaM and yes even adult.

And if you are really good with software, you can even import and export between Daz3d, VaM, Unity Engine, Unreal Engine and Blender.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And if you are really good with software, you can even import and export between Daz3d, VaM, Unity Engine, Unreal Engine and Blender.

I'm an I.T. software professional but I'm beyond bad at anything Art related( graphic/Art design). Lol :)

I guess I wait for VAM 2.XX to come out before I invest time learning DAZ.

My understanding is buying a model for $15 from DAZ to import it to VAM for personal use doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0
I'm an I.T. software professional but I'm beyond bad at anything Art related( graphic/Art design). Lol :)

I guess I wait for VAM 2.XX to come out before I invest time learning DAZ.

My understanding is buying a model for $15 from DAZ to import it to VAM for personal use doesn't make sense.

No, why would you? You can easily make your own character within VaM with Genesis 2 models. The base is already inside VaM, you can play with the morphs and create your own character.

But when it comes to other assets, like environments, objects, textures etc. Those are kinda nice that you can import them from Unity and Daz3d to VaM. You can even use a atom in VaM to import Unity assets.

I will keep on using VaM 1.x no matter what, since i've build my own characters, and it comes with a lot of content and assets. All the content in VaM 1.x is not compatible with VaM 2.x, so all the content also have to been build up from the ground up. It takes a long time before VaM 2.x reach the same amount of content as VaM 1.x.

One thing I really hope is that I can give my characters a Genesis upgrade in the future. Until then, I keep on using VaM 1.x, VaM 2.x and Daz3d.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, why would you? You can easily make your own character within VaM with Genesis 2 models. The base is already inside VaM, you can play with the morphs and create your own character.

But when it comes to other assets, like environments, objects, textures etc. Those are kinda nice that you can import them from Unity, Daz3d to VaM. You can even use a atom in VaM to import Unity assets.
Good points, but I have heard DAZ Gen 8 looks on DAZ are much more realistic.

Upvote 0
Animation in Daz is horrendously slow. Even with shortcuts, you can have a powerful desktop maxed out overnight to render 30 seconds to a minute of video. You can't interact with it in real time. Vam is using an outdated mesh, as previously noted. Daz is more properly thought of as a photo studio. Vam is an interactive real-time sandbox app that makes animation look as real as you want, within the limits of the physics engine and the mesh. If you like what Vam can do, then just play with it. Push buttons, see what happens. :)

Daz certainly has models with more realistic expressions and looks. For rendering static scenes, it has superior lighting and rendering technology. I have an issue with the way they implemented dynamic hair and clothing, though. Their "dforce" simulation has to be done before the actual render, and it's slow. The simpler method used in Vam is fast enough to be done in real time.

Note also that the interactive licenses sold by Daz are useless in the context of user-created content in Vam. Because the original asset can be extracted from Vam, you would violate the license terms. MeshedVR did buy content from Daz to embed into the game in a way that prevents extracting the original assets, which is legal.

I can't draw my way out of a paper bag. That's why I started using Daz a long time ago.

Upvote 0
Good points, but I have heard DAZ Gen 8 looks on DAZ are much more realistic.

Vam 1.x uses Genesis 2, which was released in 2013. After that Genesis 3 got released, 8 and 8.1 and now recently 9. VaM 2.x is going to use Genesis 8. I'm still impressed how good VaM 1.x can still look with outdated technology. But one thing i've notice on Genesis 2 is the facial expressions, those are to artificial.

When you look at Genesis 9, those are way better. Not only does Genesis 9 looks better, also animations and facial expressions are way better. But just as @SlimerJSpud mentioned, Daz3d is more complex and it takes a long while to render images or even a video, even with a good computer.

I forgot to mentioned that VaM is also running in real-time, which has it pro's and con's.

This is Genesis 9 Victoria, a official model released by the daz3d dev team. Models look more natural and less artificial/plastic compared to 8 and 8.1 and better facial expressions compared to Genesis 2 and 3. But to be honest, i'm still impressed also by the quality VaM 1.x can produce with older technology.

emotionsexpressionsforvictoria900maindaz3d.jpg

Here is the quality I have so far in Vam 1.x and maybe I can go a little bit higher. There are also a lot of nice looking skin textures, and with the perfect lighting, you can create also amazing scene's. I'm still impressed by the VaM 1.x with Genesis 2 quality.

306732-a746b7e54e9fff0de1086ddf5e191f75.data

223577-f5e262e8da048ef396af287dd40312cf.data

140243-715544e0872a989c36ab6b9f073b1225.data

223578-7e1046e21768aa1b068ce908d75f7a3e.data

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the pictures, they are amazing. I see the VAM-generated looks are fine but far away from the quality of DAZ 9.

So correct me if I'm wrong: "There is no point in importing DAZ Gen 8 looks (by downgrading them to Gen 2). Because the final look
is the same quality as what seen for other looks in VAM.

Upvote 0
I've converted G8 characters to G2 for use in Vam, but only for the shape. The morphs will still be G2 in Vam, although there are some pretty clever morph packs out there (@AshAuryn ). G8 textures are not directly usable on G2. You're just not going to suddenly have G8/G9 quality models in Vam 1.x.

Edit: Another point about animating in Daz is that you can render all night, then find out the video is FUBAR because of one little thing that's wrong. ==> Start again!

Upvote 0
I've converted G8 characters to G2 for use in Vam, but only for the shape. The morphs will still be G2 in Vam, although there are some pretty clever morph packs out there (@AshAuryn ). G8 textures are not directly usable on G2. You're just not going to suddenly have G8/G9 quality models in Vam 1.x.

Edit: Another point about animating in Daz is that you can render all night, then find out the video is FUBAR because of one little thing that's wrong. ==> Start again!
Yeah, in VaM everything is rendered in realtime, which I really like.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom