Question I accidentally deleted VAM is there a way to get it back

okgunman

Reactions
Title, I deleted vam updater and all files and removed it from my recycling bin, since I bought it on patreon is there anyway to get it back? Thanks

Yes and no!

All data that you delete is technically still on your HDD or SSD. But once you overwrite it with other data, it will be forever lost. What you can do is, try some recovery software. It's not a 100% guarantee and it can be corrupted or overwrited with other data but it's worth a shot. VaM can be downloaded from scratch again, just like many assets. Only your own saved content needs to be recovered.

If you can download everything from scratch, and that no work is lost, just download everything from scratch again.

Many recovery software is kinda expensive, you also have free versions but many of them can only recover a X amount of GB, or you need to pay first to recover it, while they are advertised as "free".

As for now, don't install anything on that harddrive, don't overwrite any GB's and try some recovery software.

If all the data can be re-downloaded, just get another month on Patreon so you can re-download VaM. Vam is not expensive and way cheaper as recovery software.

There are also services and companies who are specialized in this kind of tasks, they can even recover data from broken HDD's or SSD's but that's very expensive. It can sometimes be hunderds of dollars per GB.

So, the easiest and the cheapiest way is, get another month on Patreon and re-download VaM and always make back-ups!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You don't need to restore the datas, nor get another month of patreon, the updater is freely accessible. If you have lost the key, you will have to resub for at least a month.

Upvote 0
You don't need to restore the datas, nor get another month of patreon, the updater is freely accessible. If you have lost the key, you will have to resub for at least a month.

Oh yeah, that's right. VaM is always accessible for free. Only if you lost the key, you need to resub. I completely forgot about that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom