Question Is an internet connection required to run VaM?

Icgi

Reactions
I sometimes run off to a cabin for solitude to work. No phone. No cell service. No Internet.

Will VaM once installed work okay with no connection to the outside world?

It should work offline.

(Obviously you can't use the Hub-Browser to download&install content from within the game. So you have to install stuff the old fashioned way.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I do understand I would have to be sure to download all necessary assets. My only concern was the the "key" system and monthly fee would seem to imply an internet connection to verify using the software.
That is one reason I went open source and dumped all Adobe products. No internet basically means nothing works any more. I won't use any cloud based softare.

Upvote 0
  • There is no monthly fee, you only need subscribe for a single month to get the key. Once you got that, you can keep using that version of VaM forever, including minor updates. Major updates require a new key.
  • Obviously, if you want VaM to continue to develop, you should stay subscribed. Meshed has got to eat and pay salaries to his full-time devs.
  • Checking the key is entirely offline.

Upvote 0
Yes I do understand I would have to be sure to download all necessary assets. My only concern was the the "key" system and monthly fee would seem to imply an internet connection to verify using the software.
That is one reason I went open source and dumped all Adobe products. No internet basically means nothing works any more. I won't use any cloud based softare.
You could just unplug your internet and verify VAM still works

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom