Question Internet needed for controller in VAM?

Toddy

Reactions
I have a HP Reverb G2. I noticed that if I block my internet connection using my firewall my controllers are not detected in VAM. The controllers show up in Steam VR but do not function in VAM. Do I need to be connected to use my controller in VAM?

I used to have a reverb, and the controllers disappeared all the time. The solution i found was to run Steam (the app itself, not SteamVR) before starting Vam. I think it's some kind of driver issue, but i don't now for sure.

Upvote 0
I used to have a reverb, and the controllers disappeared all the time. The solution i found was to run Steam (the app itself, not SteamVR) before starting Vam. I think it's some kind of driver issue, but i don't now for sure.
I normally start the mixed reality portal first, then start VAM with no issues. For some reason when I use my firewall to block all connection VAM does not detect my controller. I will test if the controller works with airplane mode. Troubleshooting can be a headache at times. To make matter worse my heads trap on my headset recently broke:cry:.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom