Is a Culling Atom/Plugin Possible?

mastermike8800

Reactions
Website
www.bonervisionvr.com
Patreon
bonervision
I don't have any experience making plugins so I don't know how feasible the idea is especially with render queues and all that. The idea I am thinking of is an atom/plugin that creates a shape that if, for example a Person Atom enters, the part of the Person Atom would turn invisible. This way you could shape the atom to, for example, the waist or the neck of another atom so that if there is any clipping details, they wouldn't be seen. I'd be will to contribute to a commission if someone has the know how to make this work without it being too buggy.

Well, there's this:

It says the transparency settings are triggerable.

Well, there's this:

It says the transparency settings are triggerable.

Thanks for the suggestion @SlimerJSpud . However. I am familiar with that plugin although good, the transparency segments are targeted toward entire sections of the body meaning that in order to make the penis invisible you'd have to make the testicles and part of the pelvis invisible as well. What I am describing is like an invisible curtain, it allows everything to be seen as normal but when a specific object is obstructed by it, you can't see that part of the object. As I understand it this technique is used quite frequently in the gaming industry, mostly to save performance by 'culling' objects to prevent rendering certain geometry that isn't in direct view of the player. also known as a 'mask'. I'm not looking to use a plugin like this to save on performance though, it really comes down to sometimes parts of the penis clips through parts of the other body and I just think it would be cool to hide that from ever being scene, really opening up the potential for larger insertions.

I hope that helps to to clarify what I am looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion @SlimerJSpud . However. I am familiar with that plugin although good, the transparency segments are targeted toward entire sections of the body meaning that in order to make the penis invisible you'd have to make the testicles and part of the pelvis invisible as well. What I am describing is like an invisible curtain, it allows everything to be seen as normal but when a specific object is obstructed by it, you can't see that part of the object. As I understand it this technique is used quite frequently in the gaming industry, mostly to save performance by 'culling' objects to prevent rendering certain geometry that isn't in direct view of the player. also known as a 'mask'. I'm not looking to use a plugin like this to save on performance though, it really comes down to sometimes parts of the penis clips through parts of the other body and I just think it would be cool to hide that from ever being scene, really opening up the potential for larger insertions.

I hope that helps to to clarify what I am looking for.
Will this not be taken care of, when they bring in the dynamic occlusion update, that is promised this month by Meta 3 ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom