Question Invisible items blocking UIbuttons?

Toddy

Reactions
Recently, I created a two uibuttons to start/stop a scene. When I click to test the button setup the uibutton triggers appear to be functioning properly. However, clicking on the actual button will only select the uibotton atom and not trigger the action. After numerous attempts I discovered that the buttons worked properly only if I zoomed in very close to button before clicking on it. How do I fix this?

bring them a bit in front if they're on the same plane to something else, like with a wall or some panel. the button might get rendered above but the click might register on the 'background' atom

Upvote 0
bring them a bit in front if they're on the same plane to something else, like with a wall or some panel. the button might get rendered above but the click might register on the 'background' atom
It was just odd that I could select the button to reposition it but it did not trigger. Also I could not find any atoms near it. I will reposition the button closer. Thanks

Upvote 0
This happens when there is another object between you (the camera) and the button. That includes culled (=invisible) geometry, like the backside of a wall in a room. Especially in Desktop mode with the default FieldOfView of just 40, you are often a lot further back than you think you are. That means you might actually be stuck inside the wall. You just can't see the wall, so you think it's fine, but it isn't. Basically, instead of clicking the button, you click the wall. When working on a scene in Desktop mode I recommend a FOV setting of 60. It's a bit "fisheye", but you can judge distances better. (For playing FOV 40 is indeed better.)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom