Question In VR in the browser im too far away from menu?

Onionpeeler69

Reactions
Hi

Plz advize

In vr usin quest2 the vam frontend browser is 2 far away from me , at an extreem angle so I can't see cleerly the words & picz.

Unlike a scene I cant mov about.
Messin with height in tools bar don't effect this. Im stuck on the floor :(

Any ideas plz ?

Thankz

You have loaded an asset/scene that isn't VR compatible.
There are a few that accidentally leave cameras in the scene that pull the VR view away from where it is meant to be.
I assume this happened after loading something in, and not on starting VaM. If it happens on start you put something broken into the default and need to remove that.

Upvote 0
You have loaded an asset/scene that isn't VR compatible.
There are a few that accidentally leave cameras in the scene that pull the VR view away from where it is meant to be.
I assume this happened after loading something in, and not on starting VaM. If it happens on start you put something broken into the default and need to remove that.
Thankz 4 reply

Plz see above

The main vam hub browser start-up frontend where u select stuff

So when I start up not load in

I starts in vr with me on the floor lookin up at sharp angle at the front end hub an I cant adjust it

I need to raize my self higher an closer plz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ahh! That's because you don't have full head tracking?
The "in the floor" is when your position is 0,0,0 with no tracking. What headset are you using?

Upvote 0
That's not right then. The Quest2 should definitely work! Virtual Desktop as well is awesome. This is literally the setup I use.
When you are in VaM try pressing and holding the Right Oculus button to have it re-center the viewpoint.
Also, re-draw your guardian boundary and check the floor level is correct.
Are you running through SteamVR or direct in VD using a batch file?
If you involve SteamVR you might need to recenter your viewpoint in that by pressing the left menu button once and finding the right option there.

Upvote 0
With the Quest2 the controlers play a huge part in how you see things.
Be sure both controlers have good batteries and when booting the headset be sure both controlers are in sight of the headset. (Normal hand level in front of you)
If your right joy stick doesn't want to turn, the headset is not seeing both controlers.
Also adjust the light in the room to see if that helps.

Upvote 0
I know the start menu is set to be at the front of your playspace in steamVR. The only way to change its position is to change your playspace orientation.

I don't know how the playspace is set up with the Quest (since you're not using SteamVR), but that's probably what you want to be looking at.

Upvote 0
That's not right then. The Quest2 should definitely work! Virtual Desktop as well is awesome. This is literally the setup I use.
When you are in VaM try pressing and holding the Right Oculus button to have it re-center the viewpoint.
Also, re-draw your guardian boundary and check the floor level is correct.
Are you running through SteamVR or direct in VD using a batch file?
If you involve SteamVR you might need to recenter your viewpoint in that by pressing the left menu button once and finding the right option there.
Thankz 4 help

I think its a guardian issue as I dont uze it. I uze steam & vd. Wood skippin optimize speed an if so how plz.

Upvote 0
DO NOT USE STEAMVR.
If you have Virtual Desktop use a batch file to launch VaM directly from inside VD, that doesn't load Steam VR and improves your performance!!!
It also removes a possible point of error.
Turn on guardian! Just draw a massive boundary that you never need to worry about and forget it, when you do this the first thing it asks is to confirm the floor height.
There are many posts about the batch file to launch VaM but you basically create a text file with this one exact line (including quotes),

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\YOURPATHTOVAM\VaM.exe"

Then rename it to StartVAM.bat (making sure you change the path to match your installed path).
Run Virtual Desktop then double click this batch file from within VD to open VaM. Do not launch SteamVR at all. Close it if open.

Upvote 0
DO NOT USE STEAMVR.
If you have Virtual Desktop use a batch file to launch VaM directly from inside VD, that doesn't load Steam VR and improves your performance!!!
It also removes a possible point of error.
Turn on guardian! Just draw a massive boundary that you never need to worry about and forget it, when you do this the first thing it asks is to confirm the floor height.
There are many posts about the batch file to launch VaM but you basically create a text file with this one exact line (including quotes),

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\YOURPATHTOVAM\VaM.exe"

Then rename it to StartVAM.bat (making sure you change the path to match your installed path).
Run Virtual Desktop then double click this batch file from within VD to open VaM. Do not launch SteamVR at all. Close it if open.
Thankz I will do this an c How I get on an let u no. U r very kind .

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom