Question How do you use GrabPoint (in "Force" menu) and ClothGrabSphere (in "Trigger" menu)?

Reactions
Sorry for my ignorance, I have never used the atoms GrabPoint (in "Force" menu) and ClothGrabSphere (in "Trigger" menu). I suppose they are similar? Can anyone tell me what they are used for, better with some examples in scene?

They both "work" in same way, but for 2 different purposes.
you can:
use GrabPoint to grab/pull atom with physics enabled
use ClothGrabSphere to grab/pull atom with Sim enabled (Clothing or SimSheet atom)

Basically to work...you need to toggle them on/off (or select/deselect).
ClothGrabSphere doesn't work when spawned, you need to toggle ClothGrabSphere atom off/on (to release/grab sim stuff).
Same with GrabPoint you have to select atom (with physics enabled) to grab it, than you can drag GrabPoint to pull atom (in whatever direction).

That's the gist of it...here an example using ClothGrabSphere (to hold SimSheet):

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks! Sorry for my ignorance of terminology but what do you mean by "spawn" here?
lol np, what i meant is when you add new atom.
When you add ClothGrabSphere atom it's already set as atom on (so it's already "grabbing" ...nothing),
so you have to toggle it off and on to grab (or "re-grab" if you like). If that makes sense. 😅

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom