Scenes Immersive audio scene set # 4: Nagini Wedding Night

SelchidhVR

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
selchidh
SelchidhVR submitted a new resource:

Immersive audio scene set # 4: Nagini Wedding Night - Your first night with your new wife Ulipi, daughter of the great eastern king.

A Nagini Wedding Night
Your first night with your new wife Ulipi, daughter of the great eastern king.
This is the fourth immersive audio-focused scene in the series. Two scenes are included, one display, and one sex simulation. Enjoy.
As with the other scenes in this series, it's highly recommended that you unpack the var with your package manager before use. The sound files will take quite a while to load directly from the .var, but seconds once unpacked. It's an unfortunate problem...

Read more about this resource...

Nice concepts man. Like the direction you go in.

I was getting red errors with the var though.

Is the .var all we need to make it work?

WHen you say thanks to those people linked its just thanks right? we arent meant to download all those too right? they are in the .var?

Also are the women supposed to be moving their mouths when talking? I noticed in the one with the zelda/oracle model (I think scene 2) she was talking but not moving her mouth. I was wondering if i was missing something like a plug in and those red errors were the reason why she didnt move her mouth?

So yeah, is there other things we need to be downloading or is it all included.

Thanks and keep it up I like the scenes.

Quite nice improvements on the animation. I guess you could even go further and follow the pace of the monolog ;)

Cleaner mix ( with low quality headset ), but I suspect my actual bad headset is starting to die. I had a clean and clear mix with it on a project I'm working on, and now they start to act like what I was talking you about on the desert scene... so I'll retest the scenes with other bad headsets haha.

And ho ! By the way, after we talked and a bit of work on a scene of mine, I was really really bummed that VaM didn't have the native effects of Unity, so I've spent an evening working on this. I think you're pretty much the person who will dig it :]
Ho and also, I've started a thread about sound design.

Keep up the good work.

Quite nice improvements on the animation. I guess you could even go further and follow the pace of the monolog ;)

Cleaner mix ( with low quality headset ), but I suspect my actual bad headset is starting to die. I had a clean and clear mix with it on a project I'm working on, and now they start to act like what I was talking you about on the desert scene... so I'll retest the scenes with other bad headsets haha.

And ho ! By the way, after we talked and a bit of work on a scene of mine, I was really really bummed that VaM didn't have the native effects of Unity, so I've spent an evening working on this. I think you're pretty much the person who will dig it :]
Ho and also, I've started a thread about sound design.

Keep up the good work.

Definitely! I saw that post after I had added my effects for this scene in my DAW. However, I already have another scene in the works that is using that plugin instead. It's a way better workflow. Being able to get the post stuff in VAM is a gamechanger for this type of thing. Obviously, the way I've been doing it, baking the verb tracks from reaper and spreading them out in VAM isn't ideal. I'd much rather have control within VAM. Thanks.

Nice concepts man. Like the direction you go in.

I was getting red errors with the var though.

Is the .var all we need to make it work?

WHen you say thanks to those people linked its just thanks right? we arent meant to download all those too right? they are in the .var?

Also are the women supposed to be moving their mouths when talking? I noticed in the one with the zelda/oracle model (I think scene 2) she was talking but not moving her mouth. I was wondering if i was missing something like a plug in and those red errors were the reason why she didnt move her mouth?

So yeah, is there other things we need to be downloading or is it all included.

Thanks and keep it up I like the scenes.

You're half correct. There are some of the VARs that are in the package, and some that are required to be downloaded seperately. If you do not have them all downloaded, you will get errors. Roughly, the first few "thanks" in my post are included, and the last few in my description, those which all follow the same naming format, are the packages that need to be downloaded separately. Those required to be downloaded seperately are also outlined in the dependencies text file included in the Mega download link. Most packages are similar in this way. Creators, ideally, try to minimize the amount of stuff included in their own packages, instead referencing other creators' content through that system.

Frankly, all of the plugins/content this scene requires is staple stuff from great content creators that any VAM user should have. It's a good idea to download them all, as they will almost certainly keep popping up in everyone's scenes.

As for the lips moving, they definitely are supposed to be moving their lips - controlled by the lipsync plugin. The lipsync plugin is included in my package, but double check the link in my description, re-install it if need be, and make sure it's working. It should be a plugin on the Person atom.

You're half correct. There are some of the VARs that are in the package, and some that are required to be downloaded seperately. If you do not have them all downloaded, you will get errors. Roughly, the first few "thanks" in my post are included, and the last few in my description, those which all follow the same naming format, are the packages that need to be downloaded separately. Those required to be downloaded seperately are also outlined in the dependencies text file included in the Mega download link. Most packages are similar in this way. Creators, ideally, try to minimize the amount of stuff included in their own packages, instead referencing other creators' content through that system.

Frankly, all of the plugins/content this scene requires is staple stuff from great content creators that any VAM user should have. It's a good idea to download them all, as they will almost certainly keep popping up in everyone's scenes.

As for the lips moving, they definitely are supposed to be moving their lips - controlled by the lipsync plugin. The lipsync plugin is included in my package, but double check the link in my description, re-install it if need be, and make sure it's working. It should be a plugin on the Person atom.

oh thanks! I just saw the dependencies text files. I thought they were a file for the scene because its names are the same.

so I went and tracked down all those links. it took like 15 min but it was worth it lol.

one more question; those txt files can be deleted right? they don't have to be in the add-on folder right?

its kinda confusing because they have the same name so I don't know if the dependency is literally that file and uses it to latch on to the other plugin or if its just information?

Also is there a way for you or someone to make the lip synch plugin has less of an extreme mouth range?

When the girl talks or moans moderately the lips look pretty real and neutral. But if its a more intense sound the mouth turns in a cartoony exaggerated square like a horror movie scream.

It reminds me of that old show reboot when they scream.

The mouth turns exageratedly square and the lips turn some unrealistic inward direction.

Is that supposed to be like that? I feel like if the range on the plugin was more reigned in it would look pretty good. Just to keep the mouth from doing too much and going into that square fake shape.

Also is there a way for you or someone to make the lip synch plugin has less of an extreme mouth range?

When the girl talks or moans moderately the lips look pretty real and neutral. But if its a more intense sound the mouth turns in a cartoony exaggerated square like a horror movie scream.

It reminds me of that old show reboot when they scream.

The mouth turns exasperatedly square and the lips turn some unrealistic inward direction.

Is that supposed to be like that? I feel like if the range on the plugin was more reigned in it would look pretty good. Just to keep the mouth from doing too much and going into that square fake shape.

HA! okay. The lipsync plugin, in the plugins tab on the person control, has two sliders setting the jaw/lip adjustment. Hit "customize" on the plugin to reach the plugin's settings (conventional for all plugins). If this is a bit over your head, ignore the rest. It probably isn't, since you figured out how to get all those .vars, so get in there and play with settings.

The other option is to adjust the head audio volume on the head audio tab of the person, as the lip movement is governed by the level of the head audio.

It's good to hear this feedback, beacuse none of this should be necessary. I included logic and some basic scripting on the "UIButtonStart" atom that configures those jaw and lip settings appropriately. Other logic controlling head audio is configured in other places/interactions in the scene. It appears that in your case, some or all of that is not functioning appropriately.

oh thanks! I just saw the dependencies text files. I thought they were a file for the scene because its names are the same.

so I went and tracked down all those links. it took like 15 min but it was worth it lol.

one more question; those txt files can be deleted right? they don't have to be in the add-on folder right?

its kinda confusing because they have the same name so I don't know if the dependency is literally that file and uses it to latch on to the other plugin or if its just information?
As for this being a huge pain, yes it's a huge pain....at first. However, once you get a bunch of the common downloads installed, it rarely becomes an issue. You end up with a hundred gig lump on your drive, but you rarely have to go hunting for content. As for ideas about what to do about the pain, I'm sure the major releases Meshed has in mind will further address the issue of shared dependencies and the even crazier bird's nest of rights, compatibility, and file management involved in that. Var files were introduced specifically to chip away at the issue, which was even nuttier before, but it's an insanely complex problem to solve while maintaining the dynamic sandbox appeal of VAM.

Regarding loading times for the sounds, I will suggest to use ogg files instead of mp3. Ogg files are native to Unity, whereas mp3 will first be converted to wav files, and therefore ogg loads a lot faster.

hi, I am sorry for the bad review, but it reflect my experience trying to deal with this scene.
and yes I did try to extract the .VAR , but that brings a lot of red errors - where and how should I extract the .VAR ?

Don't get this review the wrong way, I appreciate you shearing the scene, but the bottom line is doesn't matter how good the scene is if it doesn't work

I see. I didn't know that. This may be worth a repackage
I don't think this will work, I have seen simuler problems with bout .MP3 and .OGG
in my opinion the only solution is to not pack audio files at all - just put them in some folder and remove them from the .VAR

Regarding loading times for the sounds, I will suggest to use ogg files instead of mp3. Ogg files are native to Unity, whereas mp3 will first be converted to wav files, and therefore ogg loads a lot faster.

Nope. It is nice to give information, but it is really a shame that it is wrong :D
Almost all "generic" audio format are accepted by Unity, wav, mp3, ogg and aif / aiff.

The problem behind mp3 is explained in the sound design thread i've created in the general forum, but not at all the loading time especially if the mp3 is streamed from the disk. Their is some runtime overhead with compressed audio ( which is maybe what you call "convert to wav" ), but in this specific case (VaM), this is not a handful of files that are going to put the CPU on it's knees (think of big games that deal with hundreds of audio files played throughout a level).

The issue with the loading time of audio is the var format which is compressed and seem to be really hard on audio for a reason that only someone specialized in compression could answer imho. And the bigger your files are the bigger the problem is when trying to uncompress them at runtime which is the case with @SelchidhVR 's audio assets.

hi, I am sorry for the bad review, but it reflect my experience trying to deal with this scene.
and yes I did try to extract the .VAR , but that brings a lot of red errors - where and how should I extract the .VAR ?

Don't get this review the wrong way, I appreciate you shearing the scene, but the bottom line is doesn't matter how good the scene is if it doesn't work

No problem at all. I appreciate the follow up. If the errors are missing other packages, make sure you have all the packages listed in the overview installed, particularly the ones at the bottom of the page, as they are not included in my package. I agree that, as an end user, especially one who doesn't have a lot of .vars already installed, the experience of going to find a half dozen other packages to watch one scene isn't very good, but that stops after you have most of the staple ones installed.

That said, it may not be missing .vars that are the problem, and there may actually be something wrong.

If you include a screenshot of your error log, I may know specifically what to do. I think I'm going to upload all the required .vars by other creators to that Mega folder anyway, as this is clearly causing end user problems.

Hey, sorry, about extracting the var. I'm going to run through the process as if you don't know it. You probably already know a lot of it, but ya know.

All the vars should be in the AddonPackages folder in your root directory. To unpack my package, open any scene. Open your menu. Find the small white box on the main menu bar called "package manager". In there, find my "selchidh.x.x" packages on the left and select one. The info and instructions and so on should be on your right panel. In the top right of that menu, find the red "unpack" button. Agree, click through the process. After it's unpacked, THEN, open the scenes from the unpacked json files in your /saves/scene/selchidhvr/xscene folder. Yup, pretty sweet user experience. It will get easier. They're working on it.

No problem at all. I appreciate the follow up. If the errors are missing other packages, make sure you have all the packages listed in the overview installed, particularly the ones at the bottom of the page, as they are not included in my package. I agree that, as an end user, especially one who doesn't have a lot of .vars already installed, the experience of going to find a half dozen other packages to watch one scene isn't very good, but that stops after you have most of the staple ones installed.

That said, it may not be missing .vars that are the problem, and there may actually be something wrong.

If you include a screenshot of your error log, I may know specifically what to do. I think I'm going to upload all the required .vars by other creators to that Mega folder anyway, as this is clearly causing end user problems.
no the problem is not missing .VAR - your scene opens without errors from your .VAR - the errors come when I exact your .VAR - as you suggested

no the problem is not missing .VAR - your scene opens without errors from your .VAR - the errors come when I exact your .VAR - as you suggested
Okay. Thanks. If it's easy for you, can you send a screenshot of the error log? or copy the text and include it with your message. I want to figure out what is wrong.

Hey, sorry, about extracting the var. I'm going to run through the process as if you don't know it. You probably already know a lot of it, but ya know.

All the vars should be in the AddonPackages folder in your root directory. To unpack my package, open any scene. Open your menu. Find the small white box on the main menu bar called "package manager". In there, find my "selchidh.x.x" packages on the left and select one. The info and instructions and so on should be on your right panel. In the top right of that menu, find the red "unpack" button. Agree, click through the process. After it's unpacked, THEN, open the scenes from the unpacked json files in your /saves/scene/selchidhvr/xscene folder. Yup, pretty sweet user experience. It will get easier. They're working on it.
ok, I see - I didn't try this , I just extract it with 7-zip

@haho Please consider retracting your review. Long load times of audio from VAR files is not the creator's fault. Audio is slow to load in VaM already and is made even worse when inside a zipped VAR file. I'm looking to address this in next release (1.20), and I made a topic related to this here: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/var-file-compression-poll.412/

Since removing audio would defeat the purpose of this resource, that is not a very good suggestion.

The instructions to resolve this on your end are pretty simple:
1. Place the author's original VAR file into the AddonPackages folder
2. Open the PackageManager, find Selchidh.NaginiWeddingNight.2.var in the column at left and click it
3. Click the Unpack button at top right

Now audio should load faster.

@SelchidhVR There does seem to be an issue here if the user does not have RT_LipSync already installed. The plugin throws up an error (not your fault) if the audio directory is not present. Ideally this plugin would be fixed to not require this and also be repacked into a VAR for distribution.

Exception during compile of Selchidh.NaginiWeddingNight.2:/Custom/Scripts/RT_LipSync/RT_LipSync.dll: System.Exception: Attempted to get files at non-existent path ./Custom/Assets/Audio/RT_LipSync/

I think what you could do is advise users to download and install this plugin 1st so they have that directory. Without this, the plugin fails to init properly and does not work.

I was trying out your scene in VR today (yesterday I was testing on desktop), and I noticed performance is an issue. This is due to using many lights that are set to ForcePixel and forcing high resolution shadows on light that don't really need it. In future work, I would suggest making sure every light really needs to be a pixel light and requires shadows or shadows that are high resolution. I would also suggest you don't have more than a few lights illuminating the Person as this can get expensive with a lot of hair and clothing active. I was able to optimize lights with just a few minutes of work and improve FPS from about 30 to 80 without affecting the scene that much.

Back
Top Bottom