Immersive audio scene set # 4: Nagini Wedding Night

Scenes Immersive audio scene set # 4: Nagini Wedding Night

I was trying out your scene in VR today (yesterday I was testing on desktop), and I noticed performance is an issue. This is due to using many lights that are set to ForcePixel and forcing high resolution shadows on light that don't really need it. In future work, I would suggest making sure every light really needs to be a pixel light and requires shadows or shadows that are high resolution. I would also suggest you don't have more than a few lights illuminating the Person as this can get expensive with a lot of hair and clothing active. I was able to optimize lights with just a few minutes of work and improve FPS from about 30 to 80 without affecting the scene that much.

Thanks. It's small things like this that I really need to concentrate on as I make more of these. Even having done these four scenes, I'm tempted to go back and optimize things in my first ones... because I now know so much more than I did. I appreciate the advice.

I was trying out your scene in VR today (yesterday I was testing on desktop), and I noticed performance is an issue. This is due to using many lights that are set to ForcePixel and forcing high resolution shadows on light that don't really need it. In future work, I would suggest making sure every light really needs to be a pixel light and requires shadows or shadows that are high resolution. I would also suggest you don't have more than a few lights illuminating the Person as this can get expensive with a lot of hair and clothing active. I was able to optimize lights with just a few minutes of work and improve FPS from about 30 to 80 without affecting the scene that much.
I deleted some of the lights, turned down the shadow quality, and re-uploaded new verseion. I didn't get quite the performance boost you did, but it certainly improved. Thanks.

Cool! It was mostly notable in VR where the GPU became the bottleneck rather than CPU. I could also minimize the impact by turning down resolution and/or reducing MSAA. You might have a better video card than I do as well. I have 1080Ti standard clocking.

Cool! It was mostly notable in VR where the GPU became the bottleneck rather than CPU. I could also minimize the impact by turning down resolution and/or reducing MSAA. You might have a better video card than I do as well. I have 1080Ti standard clocking.

980 here. Everything is slow for me. If it runs on mine, it will run on anything but potatoes.

Today I was looking further at audio load issues from VAR and I found a major performance issue that affects audio files in packages, even if unpacked. The good news is I will be fixing this in 1.20 so performance should be greatly improved.

Back
Top Bottom