IdlePoser
strange, Save Settings work and the files are on the disk, but Load Settings doesn't show a single file? save\plugindata\idleposer is empty in VAM.
We are talking about this feature, right?
1683990404457.png

Just tried, works fine in VaM 1.22.0.1 🤷‍♂️
Things to try:
  1. Make sure to keep the ".idlepose" file extension when saving. The load dialog only shows those.
  2. When loading, make sure you are still in the folder where you saved things

MacGruber updated IdlePoser with a new update entry:

Mini Tutorial

I was starting to explain my IdlePoser plugin in a discussion thread. It ended up being a bit more elaborate, so I made it a resource so it can be found. Covers the bare basics only, though. Have fun!

Read the rest of this update entry...

I found out today that this plugin is a magic tool! Because it can make the animation of random state changes naturally and quickly. When I set the duration of state retention very short, it has already become a kind of animation that is continuous, random and natural, and can be easily generated by several poses. It is more efficient and natural than timeline! Amazing! (y) 😄

It is more efficient and natural than timeline!
I explained the math here once. The difference to Timeline is that in IdlePoser the first and second derivative of the interpolation function are continuous, which means smooth velocity and acceleration:

And yes, its more efficient as the combinatorial explosion of different combinations you have to animate to change between the different poses doesn't hit you so hard as in Timeline.

I explained the math here once. The difference to Timeline is that in IdlePoser the first and second derivative of the interpolation function are continuous, which means smooth velocity and acceleration:

And yes, its more efficient as the combinatorial explosion of different combinations you have to animate to change between the different poses doesn't hit you so hard as in Timeline.
Yes, I have created 3 plugins now, which can play the pose animation of left hand, right hand and legs randomly. The pause time is 0 second, and the transition time is 2 seconds. So when I have saved 100 poses for each one, there will be many random combinations appear. The movements are natural and elegant! 😄

But I'm still imagining that if one day, AI can train mocap data very well and then apply it to VAM, whether there will be a completely random, coherent, natural, real and unpredictable character animation. She can pose continuously, sit down and stand up, and also can twist and dance simply. I don't understand why AI has not trained mocap data and combined it with VAM. In theory, mocap data is controllable variables, and its regularity and cleanliness are very suitable for AI training requirements. I don't know why no one has made it applied to the VAM characters.😭

In theory, mocap data is controllable variables, and its regularity and cleanliness are very suitable for AI training requirements.
Nope. For training an AI you need lots of data. 10.000 or 100.000 hours, which all need to be cleaned and annotated for the AI. Simply too expensive to produce, if with the same money you could just do better/more mocap. Also mocap from actual people, for the actual situation, cleaned by hand by skilled animation artists, is always way better than what AI could produce.

Is there a good way to instantly transition to a different pose with a couple(like in Timeline)? I set this up but because of the physics/collision they don't align properly. I tried disabling physics during the transition to no avail. I don't see how to disable collisions in an action in Vam so maybe that is the solution?

Back
Top Bottom