Question I click my saved scene to load but it just goes back to the selection screen. File to big?

Battletoad08

Reactions
I made a few scenes in my time with VAM and never had a problem with them loading. I started combining scenes people have made to create something new, some load some dont. It sucks working on for one for 2 hours to have it not load after you save it. The file sizes that dont load are about 526mb json files. The next one is 250mb and that one loads.

Any ideas to get it to load? is there an app that reduces file size of json files?

Thanks!

I use to get this problem but discovered by acidbubbles that the amount of data that can be stored in a .json is limited (I don't know if it is all about the mb's). Usually caused by having too much mocap data or keyframes in timeline, that is why he made a reduce keyframes option for large animations. I tried combining 7 or 8 dances from HotChicks VR but as soon as I saved the scene with more than 6 dance mocaps at 3 plus munities each, (not reduced) it would not load after save untill I reduced the keyframes.

Acid bubbles does have a session plugin that gives an error warning when you save a scene to let you know when it is overloaded.

AcidBubbles devtools- https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/dev-tools.171/ Select - Forwardunitylogstoscenelogs as the session plugin.

Upvote 0
I use to get this problem but discovered by acidbubbles that the amount of data that can be stored in a .json is limited (I don't know if it is all about the mb's). Usually caused by having too much mocap data or keyframes in timeline, that is why he made a reduce keyframes option for large animations. I tried combining 7 or 8 dances from HotChicks VR but as soon as I saved the scene with more than 6 dance mocaps at 3 plus munities each, (not reduced) it would not load after save untill I reduced the keyframes.

Acid bubbles does have a session plugin that gives an error warning when you save a scene to let you know when it is overloaded.

AcidBubbles devtools- https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/dev-tools.171/ Select - Forwardunitylogstoscenelogs as the session plugin.
Thx, I tried canyons scene compressor and it seemed to fix the issue but ill start looking for these keyframes.

Upvote 0
Latest timeline version has a new file saving compression option (serialization mode), it greatly improves file size, it will be 3X times smaller approximately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Latest timeline version has a new file saving compression option (serialization mode), it greatly improves file size, it will be 3X times smaller approximately.
Do I have to run that every time I combined a scene? Does each model have its own timeline that I need to find that option in?

Upvote 0
I think you would have to enable it on every timeline, but only once, and then save the scene as you normally would :unsure:

Attachments

• serial1.jpg
    serial1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I think you would have to enable it on every timeline, but only once, and then save the scene as you normally would :unsure:
Thanks, I had a scene test with 6 mocaps lol. It ran fine but wouldn't load after saved. With Quest 3 and MR I had all kinds of models in my house lol.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom