Hub Hosted Vars

ICannotDie

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
I've seen some content posts tagged with a green 'Hub Hosted Var' tag. I'm wondering why this isn't showing on my own posts despite the .vars for them being hosted on the hub? As I understand it, the hub will weight posts with hub hosted .vars more highly, so I'd kind of like them to show on my posts if possible. Unless I've misunderstood something?

After looking a bit more I think the tag is showing on posts with only a single downloadable file, which is a .var. Posts like mine (and others) that have a .var and also a depends.txt don't show the tag. So I think it might be a bug related to having multiple files, even if one of them is a var.

For example: Macgruber's PostMagic has a single .var file and shows the tag: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/postmagic.161/

Last edited:
All of the vars you have as dependencies also have to be hosted on the Hub to get the special tag. This is to encourage everyone to use the Hub for hosting files because direct-download of VARs in VaM 1.20.1 is going to require this. External download sources will have to be individually clicked by the user, making it harder and more error-prone to get all the dependencies.

If you have the green Hub-Hosted VAR tag, it tells the user these resources are super easy to get, install, and use.

Thanks for the response, that clears things up for me. So all dependencies in the hosted .var must also be hub-hosted. Makes sense. Thanks!

I'll add that YOU don't have to be the one to upload those dependencies to the hub. As long as the creators upload them, your post will get the tag (once all the dependencies you use are available directly from the Hub). So if you want to get the tag, encourage the creators whose work you are including to upload their work to the Hub as well.

Back
Top Bottom