• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

how to make the button trigger follow my window?

heotocwan

Reactions
How do I make the trigger button follow me when I move the around the area? I would like to take control of the scene when moving around the room but I cannot figure out the way to do this

Alternatively, if you aren't using embody/possession and just want to pin a menu button to the camera view there are a few ways you can accomplish this:
  1. Create a link from your UI Button to [CameraRig]>CenterEye, be aware that you will lose this parenting every time you close/reopen the scene
    1717115847658.png

2. Use the Searchlight Plugin located here. If you need multiple UIButtons to follow you around as a moving menu, I recommend adding the Searchlight plugin to an empty atom, then parenting all of your UIButtons to that empty atom. Once added, you can open the plugin UI and use the move/rotate sliders to align your button(s) into the position you want. If you can't find them after adding the plugin, try setting your FoV as high as it will go and you should be able to see them.

3. A better approach than the previous two options would be to create Canvas Buttons instead of UI Buttons. You can do that with the plugin located here. Instead of creating buttons manually and aligning them, you can create everything directly from this plugin's UI, and it comes with the added benefit of never having to worry about the buttons clipping into a person or wall, because they're drawn on a higher layer, similar to the main UI.
Hope this helps! :)

Back
Top Bottom