• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question How to make a person atom reflect light probes?

hirohiro

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Hello everyone.

If anyone knows how to properly reflect light probes baked in Unity on character atoms, please let me know.

I am currently creating a large-scale environment and need to place a large number of lights, so I am considering using the bake function to supplement it.
Considering performance in VAM, I want to avoid using Mix or real-time lights.

(The number of lights in the toilets alone is crazy... hahaha.)

1717307800.jpg

I have attached images of a small room I created and experimented with.

1717663688.jpg

In this simple room, I placed a bake setting on the wall on the left side of the screen, placed only one point light with a shadow, placed a light probe in an appropriate position, and imported the baked object along with the light map into VAM.
The person and the white sphere were placed using VAM.
(The reflecting sphere is a mirrored version of the sphere's material settings to visualize the state of the baked reflection probes.)

In the image, you can see that each sphere has a different light intensity, which is proof that baked lights and Light Probes are working with the VAM.

On the other hand, the person looks almost the same whether they are behind the light or the wall. In fact, the person behind the wall looks brighter.

For reference, here is an image of what it looks like when Lightprobe is unchecked in the CUA tab.

1717663721.jpg

If there is no solution, I'm considering a compromise, such as baking only the parts that require lighting for the production, although this would reduce the appeal by half.

If you have any clues to a solution, please let me know.
regards.

Last edited:
Solution
Use SkyMagic Loader on your enviro. But this is NOT gonna be a solution for what you expect, and not gonna be as precise as you imagine, even if you'd use realtime probes.

You're trying to achieve a proper realtime lighting and a somewhat accurate global illumination with a single probe, which is impossible in VAM's state (and also in Unity).

You would need light probes + reflection probes.

SkyMagic Loader will "fake" a proper GI but will only get the first probe of the scene, so you will still end up with inaccuracies like this ingame.
Simply configure your main light probe with less intensity, then compensate with realtime lighting in VAM.

Don't expect "lighting" your scene with probes, that's not their goal.
Use SkyMagic Loader on your enviro. But this is NOT gonna be a solution for what you expect, and not gonna be as precise as you imagine, even if you'd use realtime probes.

You're trying to achieve a proper realtime lighting and a somewhat accurate global illumination with a single probe, which is impossible in VAM's state (and also in Unity).

SkyMagic Loader will "fake" a proper GI but will only get the first probe of the scene, so you will still end up with inaccuracies like this ingame.
Simply configure your main light probe with less intensity, then compensate with realtime lighting in VAM.

Upvote 0
Solution

Thank you for your answer. The spheres placed with VAM were linked to the light probes, so I thought there might be a solution.
I'll think of a workaround and deal with it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom