Question Exporting person atom to unity

rabbit1qaz

Reactions
Is it possible to import VAM character with its morphs(hmm as blendshapes? :) , rig to Unity ? whats with clothes ?

I know that there is possibility to export mesh, it wasdescribed in some CUA youtube but it xported just mesh without morhps, textures, materials and so on.

Hi,
it is somewhat possible to re-rig exported VaM meshes in /for Unity.
But if you want hair and clothes, then I would suggest using DAZ3d. VaM hair and clothing can't be exorted and you will need to replace them (VaM hair is procedural generated, not a mesh).
As you may know, VaM uses the DAZ Genesis 2 figures, and morphs are compatible between both programmms.
You first need to get your VaM figure's full body morph into DAZ.
This is the same procedure like if you want to edit morphs/shapes from VaM in DAZ, so you can maybe find tutorials on this.
In short:
- Use Morph Merger to merge all morps of your figure in to one single morph.
- Use VAM2DAZ, to export the morph to DAZ.
- In DAZ load a Genesis 2 figure and dial in your morph. It will look a bit different, so you may want to adjust it.
- Copy the texture you want to use into the DAZ folder, or use DAZ skins (The VaM build-in skins are from DAZ, too).
- In DAZ use some clothing and DAZ hair on this figure.
- Now export the whole figure as OBJ or FBX.
- In Unity you need to use the rigging tool on the imported figure... please refer to tutorials on the internet, there are some of them. Use Google to sarch after keywords like "export DAZ figure to Unity" or "Rig DAZ figure in Unity" aso.

It is a bit of tinkering around and try&error, but possible. I can't explain each and every step, because that would make this posting explode. I can only show you the direction, and maybe you allready know a lot of this from other threads, or you decide it is too much hassle. If you have further detailed questions, just ask.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
it is somewhat possible to re-rig exported VaM meshes in /for Unity.
But if you want hair and clothes, then I would suggest using DAZ3d. VaM hair and clothing can't be exorted and you will need to replace them (VaM hair is procedural generated, not a mesh).
As you may know, VaM uses the DAZ Genesis 2 figures, and morphs are compatible between both programmms.
You first need to get your VaM figure's full body morph into DAZ.
This is the same procedure like if you want to edit morphs/shapes from VaM in DAZ, so you can maybe find tutorials on this.
In short:
- Use Morph Merger to merge all morps of your figure in to one single morph.
- Use VAM2DAZ, to export the morph to DAZ.
- In DAZ load a Genesis 2 figure and dial in your morph. It will look a bit different, so you may want to adjust it.
- Copy the texture you want to use into the DAZ folder, or use DAZ skins (The VaM build-in skins are from DAZ, too).
- In DAZ use some clothing and DAZ hair on this figure.
- Now export the whole figure as OBJ or FBX.
- In Unity you need to use the rigging tool on the imported figure... please refer to tutorials on the internet, there are some of them. Use Google to sarch after keywords like "export DAZ figure to Unity" or "Rig DAZ figure in Unity" aso.

It is a bit of tinkering around and try&error, but possible. I can't explain each and every step, because that would make this posting explode. I can only show you the direction, and maybe you allready know a lot of this from other threads, or you decide it is too much hassle. If you have further detailed questions, just ask.

Thank you TToby, you are very helpfull (as many times before :D ) :) now! just need additional +8h/ day to learn DAZ ;) but it should be usefull in the future :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom