Question Person Atom shows as "hidden" - unable to Unhide.

PiddlyD

Reactions
SubScenes confuse me, and I haven't quite figured out how to include what I want in the subscene. I was getting a situation where I thought I was moving the figures/persons - but when I followed the Macgruber tutorial and added a button to load the subscene - the figures that were already loaded remained and the subscene loaded two more copies of them, causing physics explosions. This seems to have created another problem for me - where I tried hiding one of the figures. In the Person Control & Physics 1 tab, I turned that figure "off". Now, when I load the scene - if I hit <U>, <E>dit <N>ext only Person #2 is selectable. I also can't click on any of the control points of Person 1. I have to click the Select Arrow, enable "Show Hidden", scroll down to Person, select Control - and then I access Person that way.

I've looked all over for a way to "unhide" Person #1 - but I can't seem to find it. Selecting "On" or unselecting it in Person Control & Physics tab doesn't change this.

Basically, I've turned a person Atom into a *hidden* atom, but the only option in the Control & Physics tab is to check or uncheck On. There is no checkbox for "hidden" for Person Atoms.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I am sure I'm missing something obvious.

I have to click the Select Arrow, enable "Show Hidden", scroll down to Person, select Control - and then I access Person that way.
There is hidden trigger for 'hidden' (person>atomControl>hidden), and it works.
Person atom and all nodes are hidden until you check "show hidden" or hidden is unchecked/untoggled/triggered.

Maybe you tried 'hidden' trigger at some point and forgot about it? :unsure:
You could add simple UIButton/UIToggle and check Person>AtomControl>hidden to unhide it (make sure "show hidden" is checked, so you can select hidden person).

Upvote 0
There is hidden trigger for 'hidden' (person>atomControl>hidden), and it works.
Person atom and all nodes are hidden until you check "show hidden" or hidden is unchecked/untoggled/triggered.

Maybe you tried 'hidden' trigger at some point and forgot about it? :unsure:
You could add simple UIButton/UIToggle and check Person>AtomControl>hidden to unhide it (make sure "show hidden" is checked, so you can select hidden person).

I knew I had stumbled onto something like this and couldn't find the way to undo it! This did the trick. Made a UIButton, toggled the hidden person on, deleted the button, saved the scene and reloaded - now I can U/E/N through both figures in the scene! Thank you!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom