How to get the most out of my system?

raystanz333

Reactions
Hello all! Right away - I'm still learning a lot when it comes to this.

I've actually gotten pretty good at building my own custom scenes in VAM, and I'm a greedy bastard who loves building scenes involving at least 3 person atoms - sometimes 5 person atoms. Obviously because of this, my FPS tends to suffer quite a bit.

I have some pretty good PC gear:

System Manufacturer: ASUS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product: PRIME Z590-A
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070
(RAM): 64.0 GB

However I've kept EVERYTHING on default settings. I've not done any overclocking of any kind or fiddled around with the NVIDIA Control Panel or GEFORCE Experience (aside from downloading the latest drivers)

To be fair - I do get EXCELLENT performance on simple scenes with 2 person atoms. But I'm greedy and want to know how to my my 5-person atom scenes run smoother without sacrificing too much quality.

Any advice whatsoever?

Do I overclock anything/tune anything in my BIOS?
Do I change any settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel?
Do I change any settings in the GEFORCE Experience?
Or is it simply adjustments in the VAM settings that are needed?

As you say, you need to sacrifice on something, and what and how much of something is dependent on you. Soft body physics, clothes and hair usually ask for a lot of resources and they can wildly differ from hair to hair for example.
Anything you can realistically do is to dial down on the need for resources, and people are huge sinks of resources. Some clever ideas people have shared are in making people who are not "on the action" as CUA; this has many limitations but you do save on a lot of resources.

Lowering the graphics in VaM can give you a few more FPS, but the quality will go down. Lighting can also be very heavy for your hardware. If you have to much light sources, remove a few, which you don't need.

Also keep in mine that VaM content is being produced by community members. Don't expect top notch polished content.

I would not recommend to do anything in the bios, if you don't have any experience. If you change things in the bios, it can literally cause permanent damage to your hardware and or overwrite security, like overheating protection.

I don't think you will benefit much from it anyway. Like I said, it's community driven. Not everything is perfect optimized.

And even if you have a RTX 4090, don't expect to get stable FPS aswell.

5 player atoms is a lot and on top of that, clothing, hair, lighting, environment and many other things

Last edited:
As mentioned above, there's only 2 ways:

1. Get better hardware
2. Turn down settings

5 people scenes is ridiculous. I have a 13900K and 4090, 3 people is max. if you wanna have good fps.

Thanks everyone! That's what I figured more or less.

I know, I know that a 5 person scene is pretty ridiculous but that's just me - and my particular orgy-fetish

Back
Top Bottom