Question How to edit a Morph that is pointing to two different .Vars

FredricRed

Reactions
How do I edit a morph to use a different .Var package. For example I have a custom morph that is pointing to two very different .Vars. When creating a New var, its a requirement which then requires me to download those other vars. These morphs that this Custom morph is using is basic morphs. (Probably used a morph merger.) So how to make it say use the morph that VAM has built in?

If you have control over the individual morph sliders, then enter the name of the morph in the search box. Both the var and the built-in morphs should show up. Zero out the var one, and apply that value to the built-in one. Save your presets, and hopefully, when you create the var, it will reference the built-in one. Vam has this serious issue with morphs of the same name getting selected by the tool seemingly at random. You don't have control over which morph of that name gets used.

Another thing you can do is go into Package Manager and select the Morphs tab. Go through every one of those items and, unless it has morph, pose, or expression in the package name, uncheck the Preload Morphs box. This is tedious. It eliminated a lot of duplicates for me.

Upvote 0
If you have control over the individual morph sliders, then enter the name of the morph in the search box. Both the var and the built-in morphs should show up. Zero out the var one, and apply that value to the built-in one. Save your presets, and hopefully, when you create the var, it will reference the built-in one. Vam has this serious issue with morphs of the same name getting selected by the tool seemingly at random. You don't have control over which morph of that name gets used.

Another thing you can do is go into Package Manager and select the Morphs tab. Go through every one of those items and, unless it has morph, pose, or expression in the package name, uncheck the Preload Morphs box. This is tedious. It eliminated a lot of duplicates for me.
So thats exactly what I was doing. However I cannot change the individual morphs due to the the custom one changing it. I would have to ZERO out the morphs it uses. Also some of the morphs show up and 0.00. So its using the morphs, but not doing anything with them.

So, using Bat Head in one var and and Head scale in another var. Both are 0.00

I was hoping to edit this morph, and change what its pointing to like in notepad ++ OR Create a custom one my self.

Also thank you so much the duplicates are killing me!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom