Question How to deal with height when loading a pose on a person on an object like bed ?

VamPire

Reactions
How to deal with height when loading a pose on a person on an object like bed ? Because most often than not, the person will clip with the bed, or worse will lose shape and scatter around then goes missing.

Go to the main atom control tab and disable collision. Load the pose, reposition, then turn collision back on. Save a new pose preset preserving the root node.

Upvote 0
Go to the main atom control tab and disable collision. Load the pose, reposition, then turn collision back on. Save a new pose preset preserving the root node.
Thanks.

So that's how it's done in scene with many poses (with buttons) but the person/people are perfectly aligned with the furnitures/surrounding.

Upvote 0
Thanks.

So that's how it's done in scene with many poses (with buttons) but the person/people are perfectly aligned with the furnitures/surrounding.
Yes. When someone is creating a scene for others to play in, all the included poses are pre-aligned with the furniture and props in the scene. If you store the root node in the pose preset, then the model will be exactly where you positioned it before saving the preset. That's why I suggest saving a pose preset after you get the atom positioned the way you like it.

Upvote 0
How do I add multiple poses in a scene and tie each pose to a button ?

What I do is, choose a PosePreset, pick one and load it, move the girl with that pose to a position that I want, SAVE PRESET as SitOnSofa1 , then I create a button, add a trigger.

Add a trigger has 3 options :
receiver atom : Person
receiver : PosePreset
receiver target : LoadPreset

then I create another button for different pose, save this to SitOnSofa2 preset, but the first button loses its pose and also load SitOnSofa2.

I know what I did sound wrong when I was doing it, a preset should be able to have many poses, but how do I add poses to a PosePreset and how do I load that specific pose and trigger it with a button and add more ?

Upvote 0
Use LoadPresetWithPath and point to the file. Each pose preset holds exactly one pose. Each button needs to point to a different file.

Upvote 0
You could also use Timelines save pose feature, I think its much easier, switching poses will happen automatically when you switch animations

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom