Question How to avoid joints from moving in MoCap/Animation ? (Or the 'shoe problem')

Virkan

Reactions
Hi all,
this question might go more to Meshed, the master himself, but maybe some other users have an idea on how to solve it.

All began with the well known 'shoe problem', meaning that shoes I imported from DAZ as cloth are mostly distorted in VAM (especially the heel part) , look ugly because of the loss of sharp edges, overall, they mostly don't please at all or require tweaking the weight map in DAZ etc.

Therefore, I started to import them as CUA, what solves the problem of looking ugly. As a CUA, they look almost the same as in DAZ.
For using them as wearable shoes in VAM, I first align the Control-Joint of each shoe exactly to the Foot Joint of the Standard G2F Model in a 3rd software before creating the Unity assetbundle.
I bind them the usual way to each Foot-Control and use Blazedust's ParentHoldLink Plugin to fix them tight to the Joint.
With that, they look as perfect as currently possible in VAM and move exactly with the Foot-controler.
So far, so good and all could be perfect here, but .......
The Foot controlers move in Mocap animation away from their still position when a foot is raised and placed forward, so as the shoes stay with the controlers, they don't match the mesh of the characters feet while the character walks or is moving.
Furthermore , in handmade animation , the controlers (not only from the feet, but all controlers) often are pushed far out of the mesh and have no reset-to-origin function, what makes it hard and often almost imposible to have CUA props held in their positions on a characters mesh, especially when rotations come into account.

Therefore the question, is there a way to have the controlers fixed in (or reset to and then fixed in) their original positions (DAZ G2F-standard-positions) inside the characters mesh so that CUA assets have stable relation (Fix) points when the character moves, regardles if by Mocap, hand animation or animation pattern ?

The aligned and bind CUA-shoes

1609028179.jpg

Foot-Joint moves away from still position while in walk:

1609028248.jpg

1609028293.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom