Answered How many Vive trackers VaM can use?

ClubJulze

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
clubjulze
Hello, I am just wondering if there is an official number of trackers that VaM can use at once.

I have 6 Vive trackers apart from the Index Headset and controllers. However, when I have them all set up and on, VaM can only link to 4 of the trackers (1, 2, 5 and 6). Does this have anything to do with what part (waist, chest, feet) I set them up for when I manage the trackers in SteamVR or is it currently a hard limit. Cause VaM (if I remember) has like 8 or 10 listed.

VaM 1.X supports 8 trackers, but they must have specific roles. Valve more recently added Elbow and Knee roles which VaM does not currently recognize. Use any of the following roles:
  • Left Foot
  • Right Foot
  • Left Shoulder
  • Right Shoulder
  • Waist
  • Chest
  • Camera
  • Keyboard
I cannot add the new roles without updating SteamVR plugin in Unity, and last time I tried I ran into some issues, likely due to older Unity version that is being used in 1.X. I don't think I can fix at this time.

edit: I should mention VaM doesn't care about the specific role other than need to match one of the above. They can be used anywhere and bound to anything in-game.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom