How do you use the new Lip Sync feature?

VAMIC

Reactions
So I went into this menu and it looks fascinating, but is there a tutorial for it anywhere? No clue how to make it work. Can you use it with spoken audio in real time or is it limited to audio files?

There's a "enable" checkbox, that's all you need to activate it.
Naturally, the person will only lip sync what comes through the head audio, so play something through there to test it.

Sorry, I still don't understand. I've never played anything through "head audio" so I have no idea what it is or how to use it. I have used the other LipSync plugin though and that one has instructions on where to put your MP3 audio files. So maybe that's the real question: where do you put audio files for Head Audio to play?

Same here, since I'm a newbie I don't understand how to add 1 or multiple files (list of WAV or MP3 audio files) to make the character lip-sync start playing.
Is there a tutorial to explain how to do such thing with the new lip sync system?

Thanks ahead

Sorry, I still don't understand. I've never played anything through "head audio" so I have no idea what it is or how to use it. I have used the other LipSync plugin though and that one has instructions on where to put your MP3 audio files. So maybe that's the real question: where do you put audio files for Head Audio to play?
The other plugin came with a sample "player" that would play audio files on the head audio source. For the built-in one you have to use animation triggers or other triggers. The easiest way is to make a UI Button atom, and on the Button Trigger tab add click action that is something like this:

1677280753878.png

If you want to use your own audio file you must got to main UI Scene Audio area and browse to load it. Then in the trigger you select URL source instead and look for your audio clip.

1677280819860.png

Does it matter where the MP3 files are saved? In that other lipsync plugin they had to be in a specific folder.

Does it matter where the MP3 files are saved? In that other lipsync plugin they had to be in a specific folder.
No. All that matters is for the receiver to be the head audio in the person.

Thank you @meshedvr that's very helpful!
Is there a way to make the button to PLAY RANDOM from of all the files I loaded ?
Not directly (I think), you'd need to use a plugin to do that. Audiomate or RandomSound in Logicbricks plugin would be able to do that.

Hi all, my first post. I'm new to VAM and I'd like to express how impressed I am with the software and plugins available.

That aside, I am testing things for some 3D character animation. I've got BVH animations, mocap and blending morphs working. However, I've run into some trouble with this new lipsync feature.

My question: How do I get my audio file (.wav) to play all the way to the end?

...I created a UIButton to trigger the Head Audio. I set my 'Receiver Target' to 'PlayNow' and also tried setting it to 'PlayNowLoop' but to no avail. The audio plays to about 5 seconds in on average then cuts off. Sometimes the audio cuts off at around 2-3 seconds.

Anybody have a suggestion?

EDIT: NVM, I realized another plugin was fighting the UIbutton trigger I made. Turned that off and no issues. Lesson learned. Something not working? Something is fighting something else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom