• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved How do I make a high poly necklace?

TI_vam

Reactions
Above is CUA, below is Cloth.
They are made from the same Obj file.
Why does the necklace imported by Duf bulge out?
Do I need a repository for this?

タイトルなし_5.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Jewelry as clothing works if it is really low poly, where each part which moves is a single polygon, sim painted to act as joints, as a single face won't deform. You can then fake the geometry with alpha masking and normal map/textures. Making a chain like this could be a challenge though. SupaRioAmateur has a great guide that breaks it all down.
The way the system works was kind of explained by Atani above, but to make it clearer:
  • Importing an "object" as a clothing piece will try to conform said object to the character. Polycount does not matter, shape does not matter, it will try to make it conform.
  • Importing as a clothing piece imports the object like a cloth. So, smooth and "soft" (just like cloth). Anything that should feel hard/rigid will completely loose it's original "aspect" using the clothing import system

For a necklace, you should make a custom unity asset, eventually with a physic simulation (like with hinges / joints) and use it as a CUA in VAM.

Upvote 0
Jewelry as clothing works if it is really low poly, where each part which moves is a single polygon, sim painted to act as joints, as a single face won't deform. You can then fake the geometry with alpha masking and normal map/textures. Making a chain like this could be a challenge though. SupaRioAmateur has a great guide that breaks it all down.

Upvote 1
Solution
The way the system works was kind of explained by Atani above, but to make it clearer:
  • Importing an "object" as a clothing piece will try to conform said object to the character. Polycount does not matter, shape does not matter, it will try to make it conform.
  • Importing as a clothing piece imports the object like a cloth. So, smooth and "soft" (just like cloth). Anything that should feel hard/rigid will completely loose it's original "aspect" using the clothing import system

For a necklace, you should make a custom unity asset, eventually with a physic simulation (like with hinges / joints) and use it as a CUA in VAM.
Fortunately, thanks to some plug-ins, I found that I could make it look like clothing. Thanks hazmhox.

Upvote 0
It was exactly the guide I was looking for. Thank you Origin69.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom