Question How do i get this software or whatever this is it looks good.

You can get it here:

There is different "tiers", the differences are described at the bottom of the page here:

Note that you only need to subscribe for a single month, you can cancel after that and still have access to the current version indefinitly. After confirming with the free version that you PC setup basically is able to run the game, I would recommend to got directly for the "Creator" tier. Its just 8$ after all. VaM is all about making your own stuff!

Upvote 0
Note that VaM has a very VERY steep learning curve, but I think its worth it.

Which functions do you speak of when you say this? Im interested in the software, but I'm not sure what exactly I have the ability to do with it. On the highest tier, am I able to create/import models? If so, what application would I be using? I feel like I saw somewhere that the models are made in Daz, but I could just be imagining this.

Upvote 0
VaM is a sandbox game, you can essentially make everything you like. Obviously assuming you have knowledge and time to do it.
Here is for example the trailer for one of my scenes, which you can find among lots of other things here on the Hub. Even in case you are not into femdom stuff, I think its a good showcase for what kind of complex things you can do. A video is just linear, its always the same when you rewatch it...but this can do random decisions and variations, you don't know exactly will happen and when...which makes characters appear more alive in my opinion. Of course adding all these variations is a LOT of work, but its possible. As I said, you only need the knowledge, time and will to do it, and you can have YOUR perfect dream scene.

Most of the possibilities of VaM come from the ability to load C# plugins. A programmer (such as myself) can add all kinds of extra features into the sandbox. That goes from tools for animation and making screenshots to logic/controllers and helper plugins for breathing/moaning to ability to control external real-life devices like stroker machines, vibrators and e-stim.

VaM uses Daz3D Genesis 2 characters. Therefore clothing, skins and morphs compatible with Genesis 2 can theoretically be imported, although sharing can be an issue due to legal issues with content from the Daz store. You might want to ask somebody else about more details, as did not do much in that direction.

In this community we have all kind of people who do all kinds of things. Of course many do multiple or combinations of the following:
  • Creating Clothing items
  • Creating Hair items
  • Creating Skins (textures for the character body)
  • Creating Morphs (those deform characters, larger boobs, etc.)
  • Creating Looks (combination of Clothing, Hair, Skin and Morph)
  • Creating Animations (either by hand or by using motion capture techniques, capturing themselves to make the character move)
  • Creating Plugins
  • Creating Prop Assets (chairs, tables, toys, ...)
  • Creating Environments (e.g. rooms, buildings, backgrounds, ...)
  • Creating Scenes (putting it all together)
  • Creating Tutorials/Guides to help others

Its usally too much work to do everything by yourself and you can't know about every art discipline required, so you got to have to use stuff made by others. And as I said, its hard to get into for somebody not familiar with game development. Note though that you can also just load a scene made by someone else and modify or recombine it with other things. Don't like the clothing or hair? Swap it for something else. (Technically you can swap for a different character, but it can break animations if has different body dimensions)
If you want to share stuff yourself, make sure you respect licenses of content you use and give credit where approriate.

So, when you ask what software to use...it heavily depends on what you wanna do ;)

Upvote 0
VaM is a sandbox game, you can essentially make everything you like. Obviously assuming you have knowledge and time to do it.
Here is for example the trailer for one of my scenes, which you can find among lots of other things here on the Hub. Even in case you are not into femdom stuff, I think its a good showcase for what kind of complex things you can do. A video is just linear, its always the same when you rewatch it...but this can do random decisions and variations, you don't know exactly will happen and when...which makes characters appear more alive in my opinion. Of course adding all these variations is a LOT of work, but its possible. As I said, you only need the knowledge, time and will to do it, and you can have YOUR perfect dream scene.

Most of the possibilities of VaM come from the ability to load C# plugins. A programmer (such as myself) can add all kinds of extra features into the sandbox. That goes from tools for animation and making screenshots to logic/controllers and helper plugins for breathing/moaning to ability to control external real-life devices like stroker machines, vibrators and e-stim.

VaM uses Daz3D Genesis 2 characters. Therefore clothing, skins and morphs compatible with Genesis 2 can theoretically be imported, although sharing can be an issue due to legal issues with content from the Daz store. You might want to ask somebody else about more details, as did not do much in that direction.

In this community we have all kind of people who do all kinds of things. Of course many do multiple or combinations of the following:
  • Creating Clothing items
  • Creating Hair items
  • Creating Skins (textures for the character body)
  • Creating Morphs (those deform characters, larger boobs, etc.)
  • Creating Looks (combination of Clothing, Hair, Skin and Morph)
  • Creating Animations (either by hand or by using motion capture techniques, capturing themselves to make the character move)
  • Creating Plugins
  • Creating Prop Assets (chairs, tables, toys, ...)
  • Creating Environments (e.g. rooms, buildings, backgrounds, ...)
  • Creating Scenes (putting it all together)
  • Creating Tutorials/Guides to help others

Its usally too much work to do everything by yourself and you can't know about every art discipline required, so you got to have to use stuff made by others. And as I said, its hard to get into for somebody not familiar with game development. Note though that you can also just load a scene made by someone else and modify or recombine it with other things. Don't like the clothing or hair? Swap it for something else. (Technically you can swap for a different character, but it can break animations if has different body dimensions)
If you want to share stuff yourself, make sure you respect licenses of content you use and give credit where approriate.

So, when you ask what software to use...it heavily depends on what you wanna do ;)

Thanks for the detailed reply, im actually a dev as well but my disciplines are more on the Java side. Still, im interested to check out and see what I'm capable with the knowledge I already have - Signing up for the highest tier now to check it out :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom