Question How do I fix a non stop physics explosion after loading a scene?

alwaysblue

Reactions
the loading isnt even finished yet and it already gives me an error, no matter how many times I click the recover button it keeps giving me this error: physics corruption detected, it doesnt say what part of the atom is exploding, it just keeps giving me an error until vam crashes, I assume the only way to fix this is to remove the atom but I dont want to lose hours of work and redo everything again

Solution
ALWAYS save several scenes over time (and over time means every 10 minutes).

There is no way to prevent some stuffs if they are saved in the scene without fiddling in the JSON file.
Try putting your VAM in "freeze" mode before loading the scene.

If it's not solving the issue, you could try to edit the json file, locate the characters and add the "freeze physics" flag. Save the file and then load the scene.

From there, modify the scene. Remove the freeze physics then save the scene to a new version.
You might be having the explosion because two atoms are at the same location. A couple of suggestions:

Try doing Load Scene in Edit Mode from the File menu. That might keep everything frozen long enough for you to get control of it.

Save a pose preset perhaps from some other scene, or from a scene with nothing else in it. Save the root location, and make sure it's not at 0,0,0. When you get the explosion, quickly load that pose preset. Sometimes that will fix things.

Upvote 0
ALWAYS save several scenes over time (and over time means every 10 minutes).

There is no way to prevent some stuffs if they are saved in the scene without fiddling in the JSON file.
Try putting your VAM in "freeze" mode before loading the scene.

If it's not solving the issue, you could try to edit the json file, locate the characters and add the "freeze physics" flag. Save the file and then load the scene.

From there, modify the scene. Remove the freeze physics then save the scene to a new version.

Upvote 0
Solution
thanks for posting this. I had the same issues recently and I had to use a previous save as well to recover from it =( thankgod for preset saves.. because I ended up reusing an old save and reloaded in the presets from the corrupted file and it salvaged all of my work that I thought i losted and would have hate to redo all of my work within Acid Bubbles timeline.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom