• Hi Guest!

We have recently added a new Support Tickets feature to the Hub!
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question How do I eliminate shinny palms?

Toddy

Reactions
The inside of the hands have a plastic look to them that can be a little annoying. How do I remove, mask or reduce the shinny palms when increasing gloss or shine on models?

Solution
I blotted out the palm area on and alpha png for you. If the look you are using has a custom specular texture you can unpack the var it comes from and add this to a new layer in photoshop or gimp to darken just the palms and export a new texture and put it in the limbs specular slot in vam. (you might need to tweek the layer opacity to get the effect you want.)

It may only work for Base female uv layouts though, if it doesn't line up with the palms on your texture set you'l have to edit it manually.

If the look doesn't show a custom specular map in textures, then there are some built in ones you can use in custom>atom>person>textures>femalebase>limbsS.jpg

palm overlay 50percent alpha.png
It may be the specular intensity and specular texture offset, set those to default.

Upvote 1
It may be the specular intensity and specular texture offset, set those to default.
The problem is those setting give me the look that I want in the scene. I wish to exclude the hands (palm area) from the effect that I apply to the body. Maybe a texture added to the hands could do the trick?

Upvote 0
You would need a specular map that is darker on the palms. You could take one of the hub-hosted texture sets with a CC-BY license and edit it in Gimp, or whatever.

Upvote 0
I blotted out the palm area on and alpha png for you. If the look you are using has a custom specular texture you can unpack the var it comes from and add this to a new layer in photoshop or gimp to darken just the palms and export a new texture and put it in the limbs specular slot in vam. (you might need to tweek the layer opacity to get the effect you want.)

It may only work for Base female uv layouts though, if it doesn't line up with the palms on your texture set you'l have to edit it manually.

If the look doesn't show a custom specular map in textures, then there are some built in ones you can use in custom>atom>person>textures>femalebase>limbsS.jpg

palm overlay 50percent alpha.png

Upvote 1
Solution

View attachment 388419
It is not a custom map so hopefully I can use the alpha png you made as a solution to this issue. Thanks very much

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom