Question How can I use the new built in person animator to create animations?

Bob Nothing

Reactions
Using the built in person animator (which I am very excited about to now be able to easily have characters walk, etc) how do I actually record the animation? I can't seem to find away to trigger it from animation timeline, and I can't figure out how to record a series of them manually set either. How can I use the built in person animator to animate a scene? I haven't really seen or found a guide on this.

Thanks!

Hi, the person animator is more or less a player for build-in premade animations. Now we have 3 completely diferent kinds of animation systems, 4 if you would count Timeline. The other two are recorded animations and Animation Patterns. I bet it will not be the last system in VaM.
In the person animator tab, you can add multiple of those premade animations to the list and they will play one after another. By combining them, you can easily create some cool scenes. If you save the scene, those animations will be saved, too, and will start when the scene is loading.
I use this only for quick scenes, where I don't want to tinker around with complicated stuff.
Place a girl on the bed, give her some of those idle laying animations, save it and ready you are. Or a dancing girl with cool lighting and music. Despite being so simple, it can look quite nice.
You can also trigger some of those premade animations by buttons, for instance. No need for recording.

Upvote 0
Hi, the person animator is more or less a player for build-in premade animations. Now we have 3 completely diferent kinds of animation systems, 4 if you would count Timeline. The other two are recorded animations and Animation Patterns. I bet it will not be the last system in VaM.
In the person animator tab, you can add multiple of those premade animations to the list and they will play one after another. By combining them, you can easily create some cool scenes. If you save the scene, those animations will be saved, too, and will start when the scene is loading.
I use this only for quick scenes, where I don't want to tinker around with complicated stuff.
Place a girl on the bed, give her some of those idle laying animations, save it and ready you are. Or a dancing girl with cool lighting and music. Despite being so simple, it can look quite nice.
You can also trigger some of those premade animations by buttons, for instance. No need for recording.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a movie poster TV in my theater. It cycles through movie posters that I like, connects to my home theater system and shows the poster for the movie I'm currently watching, progress, etc. Long story short, I am able to create 'video posters' as well that represent my theater, and I use my wife's avatar as an 'avenging angel', essentially as the 'mascot' for my theater. Example of the static poster on load below. What I want to do is start making 'holiday' motion posters as well. I'm starting with a Halloween one. (Picture below of the scene.) Using AcidBubbles timeline I have her do a 'super hero' landing to the ground (with sound) then stand up. Then I was hoping to use the built in animator to have her walk forward towards the camera until she gets close, tilt her head to the side, lift the gun to the camera and pull the trigger. Bright white flash, fade to black then in my video editor I'll add a 'Happy Halloween.' I'll use a portrait version for the movie poster and a widescreen version for a pre-movie intro video. So, long story short I'm using the normal animation timeline to kick of acidbubbles timeline animations, and was hoping to use the normal timeline to trigger a few built in animator walking animations, then go back to acidbubbles timeline animations to finish it off. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Starlight Theater Poster 3.png

1628792310.png

Upvote 0
Huh,
that is a lot of stuff to wrap my head around.
But yes, in theory it should be possible. You can trigger those build-in animations with

Trigger:
Receiver atom=Person
Receiver= AnimationControl
Receiver Target=ClearAndAddAnimationToSequence
then choose the build-in animation file

With Receiver=AnimationControl, you can set those various settings like speed.

Though, it will be a bit try and error to mix those animations with starting point and transitions.
I hope that helps a bit.

Upvote 0
Huh,
that is a lot of stuff to wrap my head around.
But yes, in theory it should be possible. You can trigger those build-in animations with

Trigger:
Receiver atom=Person
Receiver= AnimationControl
Receiver Target=ClearAndAddAnimationToSequence
then choose the build-in animation file

With Receiver=AnimationControl, you can set those various settings like speed.

Though, it will be a bit try and error to mix those animations with starting point and transitions.
I hope that helps a bit.
That helps immensely, thank you very much. I couldn't find how to trigger them under the person atom. Maybe when I have time to finish it I'll post the final video here.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom