How can I pivot (around my axis) horizontaly in VR[Oculus Rift DK2]

duration

Reactions
When in VR, we use AWSD, to move Forward or Backward or Left or Right. Such Keys on a keyboard as Z and X to move Up or Down in VR respectively.
Can somebody tell me, how can I actually Rotate(pivot) around my axis(horizontally), when In VR (I'm using Oculus Rift DK2 helmet)?
Which keyboard button is responsible for rotation??

Or is there any Session or Scene plugin that would enable to do it in VR (for Oculus Rift DK2) ?

Last edited:
You can "grab the world" and rotate it in 3D with one of the buttons in your controller - press, hold, rotate. That's how I do it while using a single controller to move around.

You can "grab the world" and rotate it in 3D with one of the buttons in your controller - press, hold, rotate. That's how I do it while using a single controller to move around.
the thing is that Oculus Rift DK2 does not have any controllers, just the Helmet. I have a leap motion hands, which work kinda okay...you can grab breasts and touch butt, however how can you rotate horizontaly in VR, having only Leap motion and XBox 360 Joystic installed to the PC ?

No idea as I have a headset with controllers. You have something in between desktop and VR, so possibily you need a keyboard or use the Keybindings plugin to do some custom mapping if possible.

Keybings plugin? Maybe you might be recommending a few, please?
What I basically need, is somehow to bind my joystick to somehow emulate mouse-rotation in VR.
Because in Desctop I can rotate 360 degrees easily(just by using my mouse), but when I switch to VR, sadly mouse there doesn't work any longer :(
Currently my interim solution is to switch back quickly quickly to Desctop and quickly rotate my mouse(to get a desirable position) and quickly return to VR. It's a bit annoying, coz every 10 seconds I need to get back to Desctop to correct the desirable angle and get back to VR again :(

Last edited:

You'll have to sort it out yourself if the plugin can help you or not.

Hi, how do you do that ? my pico dont "grab the world" with any button . Do I need a plugin or something? thanx

Back
Top Bottom