[HELP] Upgrading my Oculus Rift S. Which VR headset should I buy?

Thank you very much, I always apprecciate your opinion as well. @keycode
I have removed my statement of "16MB should (in theory) be enough", elsewhere on this forum, because I was constatly getting negative ratings on that (mostly by 1 message members without a comment, and it kills my motivation). I agree, that VaM in its current state (as well as some other poorly optimized games) benefits from 32GB RAM.
As I said above, I was using VaM with my old i7 4790K 16GB RAM and a 980ti for years, and it was totally usable with some restrictions. My intention was always to maybe save some people a lot of money by showing a different point of view. Of course, bigger is better in many occasions.

To add something to the original thread: I was getting my hands on a Pico Neo 3 Link. It is basicly a Quest 2 without FB, but with a native Display-Port cable (and therefore a much better image quality).
Unfortunately it has still some very severe issues, two weeks after start. But IF they get those issues fixed, it will finally be a real alternative to the Quest 2.
ATM I constantly have crashes using the Pico and VaM in the DP-Mode, but this is a well known issue and (hopefully) about to be fixed (next big Update coming 15.6.2022). The short time in VaM between the crashes, was very promising. Great image quality!!

Last edited:
Hey @TToby
You could test the Pico Neo 3 link on VaM (y)
What do you think with the updates since ?

The controllers work on VaM ?
The displayport compared to the USB Quest 2 ?
Not too many crashes ?

Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom