• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

High Quality physics and its effects?

Kaian

Reactions
So i tried testing the High Quality Physics option in the performance tab and it seems just screw up every animation. What does it do exactly?

Physics are computed with increased accuracy, useful with close-range movements and positioning.
No idea why your models blow up, maybe your equipment can't keep up.

No im talking about what it specifically does that affects animations. For some scenes if it is on, the characters wont align properly. But if it is off they function normally. I just want to know specific changes so that they dont mess up certain things.

For the specifics you need to ask the dev team.
If the scene wasn't made for HQ physics - most are not - then the misalignment makes sense because where before a rougher calculation was good for the scene now a more accurate calculation for the physics interactions has different results.

Meshed updated the wiki today for this checkbox:
"High Quality Physics" If set, it sets the physics solver to run 5x more times than if not set. Physics engines like this run the constraint solver through many iterations to improve accuracy of collisions and joint drive and constraints. Running more iterations of the solver can lead to higher collision accuracy and prevent common issues like joint wiggle. At a "Physics Rate" of 60hz, for example, the solver is set to do 30 iterations with this option off, and 150 with it on. Setting this option on will cause a slight hit to performance. This option can help most when setting "Physics Rate" to lower settings like 45hz or 60hz.

Why? You shouldn't have it on in the first place, and a creator can't force you to use the settings best suited for your hardware and the scene's needs.

Because using wrong value (check/uncheck) - different than the one used when scene was made - usually break the scene... And now instead of automation creators post screens how the setup should look like...

Those are recommendations, and almost all scenes are fine when using the default VaM settings. HQ physics is unchecked by default.
However, if you go around changing things and get bad lighting, crap FPS, etc, that's a user's responsibility and/or intention. I would be pissed if a scene would overwrite the settings I picked, I'm glad it can't.

Because using wrong value (check/uncheck) - different than the one used when scene was made - usually break the scene... And now instead of automation creators post screens how the setup should look like...

Atami is right that toggle is only for scenes that are built for it, generally leave it off, set and forget.

High quality physics is the best option in all of the settings. If your computer can archieve a playable performance with it, leave it to "on" by any means. Totally different wiggle-factor :sneaky:

edit: Sorry I meant soft body physics, forget what I said.

Last edited:
High quality physics is the best option in all of the settings. If your computer can archieve a playable performance with it, leave it to "on" by any means. Totally different wiggle-factor :sneaky:
Actually, from the topic being discussed in Discord some time ago, the advice is to leave it off, as is with the default settings. There's no point in wasting computations for something that is not absolutely necessary.

To me, it absolutely is necessary. Way more realistic breast physics.

edit: Ok, not way more. Tested it again. But the last time I compared both settings I was convinced right away.
edit2: Sorry I mistaked it for soft body physics, that was the game changer.

Last edited:
Oh, yes, soft body physics is a must. Even when I had a shitty PC and barely could use VaM, soft body was on during the good parts. Had to cut down the looks and lights, but at least there was some jiggle to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom