Hiding Lacrimals does not 'save' with Appearance

BStarG2

Reactions
Hey.

So, for some characters (especially video game characters, highly stylized, cartoonish, anime-style, etc) I prefer to simply hide the Lacrimals (although Lacrimals is necessary for a well-done character port, but can look out of place if it doesn't 'fit' with the character style... but yeah it's personal preferences stuff in the end). So let's say I simply go to the Lacrimals Materials tab and just check the 'Hide Material' box (under Shader), right? Ok so that does work, within the Scene where I do that action. Good, so then I save the character's Appearance.

However, if I load that same character later (after the Save) in a new Scene (usually replacing another character / Look with the one where I hid the Lacrimals) the Lacrimals re-appear and I then of course always have to manually go back in Creator mode and manually re-hide it again (which is not always my intention with every Scene I load, especially ones that are animated where camera is taken control of from the star).

I wanted to know if that's a "known issue", or if it's not an issue at all and is required to be like that?

Or if there's... I don't know, a plugin to help 'save' more information into character Appearances than the default maybe?

Thanks.

I've never tried, but rather than hide material, if you set the alpha to full in the materials tab it should persist when you load the look.

Back
Top Bottom