VaM_Updater.exe does not launch at all - crashes

ournav

Reactions
Vam_Updater.exe on launch after a couple of seconds just crashes and closes.

Started having this problem couple weeks ago.

None of the buttons, Launch, Options, etc work. If I spam these launcher doesn't respond, then crashes anyway. Tried running as admin, no luck. I do not have Citrix installed (this seems to maybe not apply since it crashes before I can even hit launch VR/desktop). Launching the .bat files for both VR and Desktop modes just results in a permanent black screen. Tried fresh installs (new updater exe files) more than 3 times but those have the same issue, and just crashes/closes the updater.

Where is your VaM folder?
Anything happened between all being normal and now these crashes that could be investigated?

Where is your VaM folder?
Anything happened between all being normal and now these crashes that could be investigated?
In my documents. As above with the different fresh installs I've tried different locations, Desktop, C:./m Downloads, etc.

Can't recall exactly, as the gap between the last time it worked and when the problem arose was a couple weeks.

Screenshot of 'frozen' launcher:
1713258558178.png

/logs/patch.log
[MVR Patcher - 16/04/2024 7:09:05 PM] Start
[MVR Patcher - 16/04/2024 7:09:05 PM] Downloading versions index file index.beta...:
[MVR Patcher - 16/04/2024 7:09:05 PM] Init complete:
[MVR Patcher - 16/04/2024 7:09:05 PM] Downloading versions index file index.beta...:
[MVR Patcher - 16/04/2024 7:09:05 PM] Init complete:
[MVR Patcher - 16/04/2024 7:09:05 PM] Ready:

Same patch logs appear when extracting and running the .exe from new Vam_Launcher zips.

Documents, and anything in the Users directory, has special permissions and may give problems. That could be the reason for your issue. It's best to have VaM in a simple folder like C:\VaM or similar.
If the problem is related to permissions, my advice is for you to download from patreon a fresh vam_updater.exe, place it on C:\VaM or the sort, and running it should show VaM versions history in that white field area.

Try that and report back.

Documents, and anything in the Users directory, has special permissions and may give problems. That could be the reason for your issue. It's best to have VaM in a simple folder like C:\VaM or similar.
If the problem is related to permissions, my advice is for you to download from patreon a fresh vam_updater.exe, place it on C:\VaM or the sort, and running it should show VaM versions history in that white field area.

Try that and report back.
Unfortunately did not solve it.

Are you aware of any folder or output log file apart from /logs/patch.log, that logs the processes being run as the launcher is started? Maybe can start debugging from there

Back
Top Bottom