Help with VAR packing for image dependencies (Answered)

Origin69

Reactions
I recently made an updated version of my Super Suit set to add a female version and an animated scene. When creating items before, i used my own folder in my VAM directory called "dropped textures" so I could make changes quickly without navigating to different folders. For the new versions I added the textures in Custom/Clothing/Male/Origin69/Super Suit Textures Male. I checked every clothing texture and none of the items in either scene referenced the old folder. However when packing the VAR the old "dropped texture" files are still showing as a dependency even with the new save file when I prep the package, duplicating the textures in two separate folders. If i remove them from the folder it comes up as files missing. Do i still need the files it asks for or will it use the ones saved properly? Does anyone know how I can test this? I've attached the VAR with both directories referenced.

Attachments

• Origin69.Female_Super_Suit_Set.1.var
    19.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Origin69.Female_Super_Suit_Set.1.var.depend.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi, Origin69

I keep a clean VAM and I duplicate it when I want to test stuff. I advise doing the same as you can see for sure what is missing or not, and packaging is a lot cleaner too.

Good Idea, I'll try that.
It's part of the ZRSX's guide tips from the other thread you just commented in:

An aside, I was looking at your resources and some come with their scenes. For example, the Super suit kiss scene is cool, but perhaps that could be a separate scene from the clothing item? This would remove the dependencies on the clothing item, for those who only want the clothing, and possibly easier to update as is separate from the scene.
The Gothic corset resource probably doesn't need a scene, the pictures already show everything.
Thinking about reducing the overall need of dependencies in general. Just some thoughts.

Your clothing .vaj files reference the "/Dropped textures" folder from "Origin69.Super_Suit.latest". It looks like you fixed the textures in the scenes, but not in the clothing items themselves.

Also, you can cut out "Dropped textures" from the meta.json file. I haven't built a VAR in a while, but if I recall correctly, you can choose the files you want to include in your VAR. The meta.json contains the list of files that you specified.

Thank you WrongTamago, I've just found that out the long way round by editing each item in clothing creator after finding they revert back to the old textures. I should have it fixed now, so i'll add the suits as clothing soon. I still need to rework the animation in the scene to use the updated clothes. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom