Help with AcidBubbles New Timeline plugin

Koryu

Reactions
Because I am a newbie to VaM relatively speaking, I'm still klunking my way through the system... I just downloaded Acidbubbles new Animation plugin and I REALLY want to start working with it... but I have zero clue how to get it to work... If I could get it to run, I'd be okay, but... I'm not kidding... I have the .var in my downloads folder...

I did copy it to the AddonPackages folder (Because a search showed me a lot of other .vars are there) but it didn't load into VaM...

I have gotten to the point where I'm copying new things to almost every folder because I have zero clue where things go. I'm totally making a mess of my VirtAMate directory...

Can anyone help?

Putting it in AddonPackages is the right place. From there, you apply it to an atom by selecting the root 'control' node and adding the script to the plugins section.

So, for example, if you want to use it on a person:-
  • while in edit mode...
  • select any node on the person
  • click 'select root' top left of the panel
  • click 'Plugins' from the 2 columns of buttons to the left
  • click 'add plugin'
  • click 'select file'
  • navigate to the timeline var. When you click on it, it will present 2 scripts. Select 'animation' ( not 'controller' )
  • click 'open custom UI'
  • You should now be in the Timeline interface.
Google 'Acidbubbles Timeline Wiki' for actual usage instructions.

Good luck!

Thanks Fishcakes! I got it to work and I'm happily plugging away now. The next question is: How do I operate MORPHS? :D I may get that one before anyone answers... but it might help other folks (Or me! I might still be stuck here tomorrow!).

I'm not at my PC right now - so this is off the top of my head!

The place where you choose the controller to add to the list. You can choose to not add a controller - and instead, there is a two-step select, where you choose'geometry' and then the morph you want to animate. The morph has to have its 'animateable' checkbox ticked on the morph pages for it to appear in the timeline selector.

BTW -what version of timeline are you using?

Awesome! Thank you! And I was totally up to date until this morning's update :D That's okay, I'll get that one running as well :D

Back
Top Bottom