• Hi Guest!

We have recently added a new Support Tickets feature to the Hub!
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Have a basic Blender question

Reactions
Hi all. I have learnt how to bring VaM morphs to Blender and back. I am now looking into sculpting. While I have been able to perform minor tweaks with no problems, I am now wondering about how Blender knows the anatomy of the model/mesh.
For example, if I take an arm and deform it so that its length becomes half, how are Blender and DAZ going to know where the elbow, fingers etc. are now?

I have played around with Blender specific models and they seem to have information about bones. In G2F imported object, I only see the information about vertex groups and textures in the Collection menu.

It's a bit unrelated to VaM directly so sorry about it. But I was hoping someone who knows could educate me. Thanks.

Hi all. I have learnt how to bring VaM morphs to Blender and back. I am now looking into sculpting. While I have been able to perform minor tweaks with no problems, I am now wondering about how Blender knows the anatomy of the model/mesh.
For example, if I take an arm and deform it so that its length becomes half, how are Blender and DAZ going to know where the elbow, fingers etc. are now?

I have played around with Blender specific models and they seem to have information about bones. In G2F imported object, I only see the information about vertex groups and textures in the Collection menu.

It's a bit unrelated to VaM directly so sorry about it. But I was hoping someone who knows could educate me. Thanks.
For what you are wanting to do, you can essentially think of blender as a "boneless" model. You can rig models within blender but you would have no need to for anything related to vam. You are correct that there is no bone information being interpreted from Daz. It's only poly groups and verteces. For things like morphs you always want to make sure that you both import into, and export from blender with "keep vertex order" selected. That's how Daz will know that a specific modified vertex associated with the left foot is what it's supposed to be for example, regardless of its ultimate location.

For anything that actually modifies a model to the point where bones need rearrangement, there are Daz plugins that perform that realignment and bake it into the morphs you export, though I'm not sure if there are any free ones.

Back
Top Bottom