Handcuffs WIP

Assets Handcuffs WIP

Heyo, great assets but I've got couple of questions regarding its proper usage:

1. Can I import the handcuffs as a unified CUA? I was only able to load the left and right separately so that the little chains in between are hanging in the air.
2. I wasn't able to turn off the collision of it even though I've gone through the CUA's settings and turned it off there - is that a bug or am I doing something wrong please?

I would love to use these as they're well made, but I'd need to solve these issues first. Thanks in advance!

Heyo, great assets but I've got couple of questions regarding its proper usage:

1. Can I import the handcuffs as a unified CUA? I was only able to load the left and right separately so that the little chains in between are hanging in the air.
2. I wasn't able to turn off the collision of it even though I've gone through the CUA's settings and turned it off there - is that a bug or am I doing something wrong please?

I would love to use these as they're well made, but I'd need to solve these issues first. Thanks in advance!

1. At the moment this is not possible!, but there will be an update to load the whole thing as a subcene
it is also in the description that subscenes are not working right now :)

2. you have to use the script that is included, you put this on one of the handcuffs as a plugin... and select the other handcuffs in the plugin (they should be relatively close together) then the little chain will be connected and if you did everything right you can also use the Plugin to open and close the handcuffs

the whole point of this setup is that you can perent them to your hands separately on the left and right ;)

1. At the moment this is not possible!, but there will be an update to load the whole thing as a subcene
it is also in the description that subscenes are not working right now :)

2. you have to use the script that is included, you put this on one of the handcuffs as a plugin... and select the other handcuffs in the plugin (they should be relatively close together) then the little chain will be connected and if you did everything right you can also use the Plugin to open and close the handcuffs

the whole point of this setup is that you can perent them to your hands separately on the left and right ;)

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

1. My bad, I didn't see it at first - regarding what the point of that is as you say is actually clever!

I animate the model that's wearing them with "timeline" plugin and she's supposed to be wiggling her hands which are behind her back while she sits on a chair.
Prior to your answer here about the plugin(which opens the hcuffs and lets you put them on people without my dumaah method) I was able to put them on her wrists without that opening plugin just by quickly moving the cuffs CUA through her hands which worked but the model eventually started to shake as the collisions were "bugging" and it's not pretty convenient anyway as it requires numerous tries for each wrist:d...

Why I wanted to turn off the collisions completely is that when I create the animations I have to test a lot of stuff in the scene and so I do replay the animation a lot and she gets moved to her initial pose saved in "timeline" plugin (But the cuffs don't even though parented to the wrists as VAM calculates that differently, so they "fly" back to there while her body "teleported" to that spot as I use the "Pose" feature in the timeline as mentioned.

The tricky part is that you can only save poses for person atoms and not CUAs. So I still don't know how will I work this one out... Them being separated is actually brilliant but if I am not able to turn collisions off completely I probably can't make it work, which is a bummer cause the other cuffs that are available although being able to be used without collisions are - tied together so I can't pair each cuff to L and R hand also they seem to not reflect light at all or really badly.

Sorry for a paragraph, I just wanted to explain you my situation bit better.

2. Ah, I see. I downloaded them straight from the in-game hub, is the plugin included in that download or do I have to download it from here? (and if so where do I put that one please)

If you did get what my problem is and would know a solution I'd be very grateful!

Cheers

I don't understand where I'm supposed to find the script? It's not included in the download.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

1. My bad, I didn't see it at first - regarding what the point of that is as you say is actually clever!

I animate the model that's wearing them with "timeline" plugin and she's supposed to be wiggling her hands which are behind her back while she sits on a chair.
Prior to your answer here about the plugin(which opens the hcuffs and lets you put them on people without my dumaah method) I was able to put them on her wrists without that opening plugin just by quickly moving the cuffs CUA through her hands which worked but the model eventually started to shake as the collisions were "bugging" and it's not pretty convenient anyway as it requires numerous tries for each wrist:d...

Why I wanted to turn off the collisions completely is that when I create the animations I have to test a lot of stuff in the scene and so I do replay the animation a lot and she gets moved to her initial pose saved in "timeline" plugin (But the cuffs don't even though parented to the wrists as VAM calculates that differently, so they "fly" back to there while her body "teleported" to that spot as I use the "Pose" feature in the timeline as mentioned.

The tricky part is that you can only save poses for person atoms and not CUAs. So I still don't know how will I work this one out... Them being separated is actually brilliant but if I am not able to turn collisions off completely I probably can't make it work, which is a bummer cause the other cuffs that are available although being able to be used without collisions are - tied together so I can't pair each cuff to L and R hand also they seem to not reflect light at all or really badly.

Sorry for a paragraph, I just wanted to explain you my situation bit better.

2. Ah, I see. I downloaded them straight from the in-game hub, is the plugin included in that download or do I have to download it from here? (and if so where do I put that one please)

If you did get what my problem is and would know a solution I'd be very grateful!

Cheers
This plugin is a fantastic starting point, but I did a major rewrite to improve on it recently, https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/handcuffs.38661/, which includes adding an option for disabling collision (the default), as well as a CUAManager preset for loading in both handcuffs in one step, along with having them linked to the hands, connected together via the plugin settings, etc. I also made a number of other improvements to make it more robust, efficient, etc.

Back
Top Bottom