Hair Physics Stops Working When Too Far

Nobis

Reactions
Patreon
Nobis19
Hair physics freeze, when the character is too far from the spawning/starting point in the scene.

Is there a way to re-enable those physics ?
If you move character back-closer to the starting point, it starts working again.

Thanks.

Interesting.

This does not happen in a scene that has less atoms.

What i am ,,afraid of'' is a scenario where you keep on building a scene and eventually hair physics are available only in the spawning area, few meters/yards apart.

Edit #3 :

Seems that any custom hair models stops working except for the ones creaeted by VAM.

Last edited:
What is too far from the origin?
I have scenes with persons "far" from the origin and the hair does not seem affected.

What is too far from the origin?
I have scenes with persons "far" from the origin and the hair does not seem affected.
When you spawn in an empty scene.

If you move character with custom hair ( not a default VAM hairstyle), then after certain distance, the hair physics just poof and gone.

While you're dragging the character it still will work, but once you release it and you're far from the spawn point, hair physics are gone.
Given that those are from a custom hair styles.

i will drop a gif later.

I just gave it a try and it's true. I placed a person really far from origin and the hair did stop responding to simulation.
No idea why that is. Perhaps it's best to place this in the VaM bugs section of the forum.

I just gave it a try and it's true. I placed a person really far from origin and the hair did stop responding to simulation.
No idea why that is. Perhaps it's best to place this in the VaM bugs section of the forum.
Bet It's ralated to the physics crash handling or something.

Was building a multi environment scene. Spend a whole day on a scenario *was working with default female & in the end of the day, loaded my char and bam.

Crash tested it with 40~ invisible lights and 400 ~ atoms. + 10 custom asset locations.

The area where custom hair remains active, did not became smaller.

If you want multiple environments in a scene (toggled) you can use subscenes to do that. This way you can be not far from origin and just have to structurally setup your scene to handle the environment and position toggling.

Back
Top Bottom