GPU artifacts?

Lamp

Reactions
gpubug.png
It's been like this for several months, upgraded from an RTX 2080 to a 3080 ti.
I'm fairly positive I've only seen this in VAM.
No clue what causes it specifically, but it's basically always there in the top left corner of my screen.
Gets worse when panning the camera.
Anyone know what this is actually called? Cause? Solution?

Did you buy the card used or new? If it is used, this could be the beginning of something bad, called defect VRam.

Driver already deleted and installed new from scratch?
I have not attempted to remove any drivers, but I always keep my graphics driver up to date.

I did finally find the cause for it, and that's MSAA. If turned to 0 the problem is gone completely.
Obviously having this turned off makes the game look way worse.
But it helps me to dispel any idea that my GPU is cooked.

Okay scratch that. I know exactly what the issue is now, I was using the SOTTR trick to use Nvidia's RTGI filter.
Changing everything back to vanilla VAM has completely removed the issue.

@Lamp You arent the only one having this issue. I bought a 3080ti FTW3 a while back and also noticed artifacts in vam sometimes after using the sottr trick.
It does only happen in Vam, and disapear on a clean instal.

However, i managed to find something interesting on my end: disabling msaa entirely removes the artifacts, and messing around with msaa level and vsync changed the coloros of the artifacts for me.

However, i managed to find something interesting on my end: disabling msaa entirely removes the artifacts, and messing around with msaa level and vsync changed the coloros of the artifacts for me.
Indeed I had very similar results. Even though all of the filters are turned off, MSAA seems to have a weird conflict with the Nvidia overlay.
And vsync off leaves the artifacts ever present, and vsync on will hide the artifacts until I pan the camera.

Running vanilla VAM seems to be the best option, the ray tracing filter is more performance than it's worth, at least for what I use VAM for.

Back
Top Bottom