• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Genital Morphs from DAZ to VAM , How is the Workflow if VAM has no Standard Shape Morphs i can use?

Lione

Reactions
Hi ,

if you want to skip my current Learning Curve just jump to The GENITALS

Where am i coming from currently Learning Curve:

Currently DAZ only.

I am having much issues with any Plugins "Morphed" DAZ Genesis 2 Models.

Currently i f i use any DAZ Plugin to morph Body Shapes it results in destroying Hands ( look like Snakes or wavy slim fingers once morph slider is set to 100 ) and Eyes are Plopping out alltime , no matter if i first combine/ Merge all Morphs to one Morph.
And that although i follow the guides here available ( Merge to one morphs Guide as a example )

Working for me is :

One and Only
working workflow currently is if use a standard GEN2 with ZERO Morphs,
do the Export to OBJ , reimport with Morph Lader Pro, Rigging, ERC Freeze , Export to DUF and use Virt-A-Mate_Character_Importer_2.exe Tool to create a JSON and DSF
and import that to VAM, Bravo wow.
I can copy that Folder to SCENES and voila working Hands and Eyeballs.

But this looks like crap Standard GENESIS, no look nada.
I am dreaming already from the Standard GEN 2 Conehead Model because it sucks so much.
It looks so lol nada any Pro Model would ever look like.

But i have good looking Hands and eyeballs are fitted perfect then in VAM.

And here it continues.

The GENITALS yap

I read it several times at VAMHUB:

"You do not need to create Genitals in DAZ at all Lione, since VAM offers all you need Genital wise"

But Nope.....

How to get my Genital Shapes Morphs to VAM if VAM Genital Morphs do not even fit what i need ?

For example i want to create Gen 2 Model Female Genital morphs or male Genital Morphs and create my Model then to be used in VAM.
The curent VAM Genital Morph Plugins are not fitting what i need, at least i checked whats free available as Genital Morphs.
I have seen Genital Shapes i like to use but such are nowhere integrated in the VAM Morphs.

Like this Shape as a example

This is impossible to create this in VAM and if at all possible it perhaps would be a creation of like 20 Morphs sliders mixup with zero possibility then to save it as a Preset to use that again?

Why is that so difficulty to get this Standard Female Shape in VAM ?

And also If i change Penis Size with Morphs in VAM as a example it does not reduce Testicles in a Proper Scale.
Once the Penis is sized the Testicles look totally out of size.
There is no Male GENITAL Scale accurate including all and everything?

What is the Magic workflow here with Genitals ?

Do i need to import my Genesis 2 OBJ including Morphs to Blender and do some Steps there and reimport to DAZ to then export DUF so my own shapes will be reality ?

I hope i do not ask too much again but my creativity is stuck.
Its not even Creativity, its still beyond and the Basics.

I still dont get the need of Blender in the DAZ to VAM Workflow for Beginners like i am.
Since Blender does not have any Genital Plugins or Face Look Plugins?

Do the Pro's create the Genitals and for example female Breasts in Blender and skip on DAZ ?

I know that most use Blender to fully Sculpt but that is too away currently for me so i wont ask for anything that currently.
And i do not have a TABLET to sculpt Genitals if thats what the Pro's do.

Last edited:
What you're talking about goes well over my head (and I've never even heard of Virt-A-Mate_Character_Importer_2.exe! ), but there's small chance this will help:
Simply copy the Genesis 2 morph DSF file into Vam's Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female_genitalia directory. Your problem may be that you've been putting it into (or your import tool is adding it to) into Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female. Putting genital morphs there is known to cause deformations on the head.

If you already know this, apologies for wasting your time.

Upvote 0
Hi thx :)

The Character Importer is a Tool created by Chokaphi.

and is discussed here a bit

Sry for the _2 in the FIlename. It was since i downloaded it two times so it was just added as a duplicate ;)

I will try out if the /genitalia Folder might help :)
But its a entire GEN2 i am copying, not only a genital.
So far i do not even know if you can separate / split a Body in different Morphs from Head to Chest to Arms to Hands and Knee and Feet into single Files.
For me people told me the Model cannot have 1 at all Vertices more than the Original or it is destroyed.
So i guess you meant copy your morphed Model into /female_genitalia dir instead of /female.

Honestly does anyone Pro Model Creator here offers Online Courses for money from time to time?
I mean they all must have learned that one day from anyone.

Upvote 0
Hi, that sounds bad and a bit like me when I first tried to do my own morphs.
All I can say is: Keep trying and read the tutorials step by step.
Those popping out eyes and destroyed fingers (most likely the shoulders, too?) are clearly a rigging issue.
If the distortions in your own morph are too extreme, especially if you have changed the figures height, then the DAZ skeleton is not fitting right, anymore...
As I can read above, you are already familiar with the "rigging and ERC-freeze" step. I suspect, there is something wrong with doing the rigging.
If you are in DAZ and click on "Tools" and then "Joint Editor" (that pointer with a bone symbol) you can see and edit the DAZ skeleton. Sometimes (with more extreme deformations) you have to edit those bones manually. Don't change the figures height before you do the morph, if possible. Better dial in the figures height after the morph import. You can dial it in and ERC freeze it later. Try to change some options while do the auto rigging untill it looks right. If neccessary (and only then) move around the bones and joints with the joint editor tool. Especially the toes, fingers, nipples, eyes, shoulders, jaw and tongue (!!) bones are known for being difficult.

Genitals: VAM is NOT using the standard DAZ female genitals!!!! It is using the (don't remember the exact name) "3FeetWolves new Genitalia for Genesis 2" Version 1 (not V2!!!). Don't try to edit the genitals on the DAZ standard Genesis 2 model, because this is pointless. Instead of this, only load and export the attached female or male genital meshes (yes, the male genitals are seperate objects, too) to edit them. But be warned: The female genitals are somewhat low poly and VAM will smooth-out most of your efforts (needs a good amount of try and error) and the male genitals can easiely be distorted by the rigging issues mentioned above!

" they all must have learned that one day from anyone " I can only speak for myself, but I have learned all of this the hard way and with many hours of try and error (and reading dozends of DAZ tutorials). There were even no Vam-DAZ tutorials back there.
All I can say is: Once you have figured it out, it is somewhat easy to do. Though, still somewhat time consumpting. The issues you have mentioned are extreme and most people won't run into something like that, if they only do some small-stepped morphs, like nose, ass and boobs. Don't give up!

Upvote 0
Hi TToby,

thx so much for your help here. (y)🥇🏆

So i will try the Workflow you explained with Rigging and not pre morph and then import.
Someone actually also told me that the Rigging Edit might help but i couldnt find a tutorial how to actually do it then regarding my Case in DAZ.

What wonders me actually is that if i use the Standard Single DSF Export Save as from DAZ the Model is destroyed in Hands and Eyes while if i use the Character Importer Tool and copy JSON and DSF into / Scenes
this does not happen with having a JSON File then. Something seems to be embedded here which fixes that.
Although the JSON Fiel does not even include much, no bones Infos at all.

And if i copy both Files in Scenes and load the "Model" the Morph is already included then.
It just loads as it should be looking exactly as it is created in DAZ without even needing to "Morph a new Atom Person "

But i have no clue if that is a good workflow and its just a side effect, so i will do what you recommended me and do the Standard Process with loading ATOM and attaching the Morph manually. Since no one seems to know much of the Character Importer Tool itself.

So for now my Learning curve will the afterwards Morphing and then ERC Freeze and do separated Model and Genital exports and expanding the Rigging Techniques :)

It' s greats to read you also got through al this as i am doing it haha.

So far i have never seen any Patreon offering a Course / Workshop Slot for Beginners so until that might happen i will continue with trial and error.

I have much strenght and gone through many things, so i know success comes with the experience.

Greetings

Upvote 0
I accidently found a way today to fix the Issue

Eyes Plopping out not matching anymore, Hands deformed, Mouth Wide Open

adding the DAZ created DSF Morph to a Character

which made me crazy and which you mentioned could be a Bone Rigging Issue.
I think you are so right and here we go.

What fixed it for me now was a change in the Steps from the OBJ Import Step on and a entire new Workflow in using
Virt-A-Mate_Character_Importer developed by Chokaphi as a additional Tool.

Usual Workflow

1. Load GENESIS 2 Model
2. Set Model RESOLUTION to BASE
3. ADD your whatever DAZ Shapes / Body Morph Plugins to your GEN2
4. SCALE Model to 100 if some Shape Preset might have changed that
5. Export to OBJ with Standard Settings
6. Edit > Figure > ZERO Figure

New Workflow is

7. IMPORT OBJ with MORPHLOADER PRO > REVERSE DEFORMATION > NO ( Instead yes as overall written )
8. Then move Morph Slider to 100 so you see the final Look in DAZ
9. EDIT the Morph > Setting MIN 0 + VALUE should still be 100

10. Now ERC FREEZE your DAZ Morph in Edit Mode

Rightclick your Morph activate Edit Mode and select > ERC Freeze

The Thing is if you ERC Freeze "before usual Rigging" a Menu opens in DAZ
which offers additional Bones Infos for a first Freezing Step.

Looks like that

ERCFREEZING_Bones.png

I have never seen that Menu before including two Entries with Bones Infos to freeze.

If you see nothing Entry here doesnt matters just do it.

Currently i mention that because sometimes you will see 2 Entries for Bones and sometimes not and it could be a DAZ BUG.

11. Then do the Rigging
Edit > Figure > Adjust RIGGING TO SHAPE with Setting > ADJUST ORIENTATION OFF ( Instead ON as i learned before )

12. Then the usual ERC Freeze Step again
Rightclick your Morph activate Edit Mode and select > ERC Freeze

13. Save as > SCENE ( DUF ) and add a name you will remember

14. SAVE AS > Support Asset > Morph Asset ( DSF ) and add the identical name you used for the DUF as Vendor Name and locate the Folder ... Standard will be .../My Library

15. Open Virt-A-Mate_Character_Importer which you can download from
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2943878144/Virt-A-Mate_Character_Importer.exe

The Daz Path should be located Auto

16. Klick Import DAZ File and locate your Scene DUF File

17. Select a Output Path

18. Click Create VAM FILE from DAZ STUDIO DUF

19 . Check the Output Folder

If everythings oki you will see a

JSON File labeled as you labeled it saving as Scene DUF

and a DSF File which is labeled as you first named your Morph Preset in DAZ creating the Morph.
So do not wonder they might be labeled different.

20. Copy the DSF to VAM Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female\

21. Copy the JSON File in a Folder to VAM Saves/Scene

22. Wait until the additional Morph Files in Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female\
are created automatical by VAM as usual ( Pressing Hard Reset in VAM may help )

So Result will be 3 identical labeled Files
Your DSF
A new VMB
A new VMI

23. Now go to Scenes and open your File.

You will see your entire Morphed DAZ Model File without the need to use the Morph Process in VAM.

----

That way i can report Success and the Morphs look briliant and in Tact.
Eyes perfect and Hands etc perfect.

I cannot notice any Issues with Movement etc that way so i hope i can ack that Process for using Shape / Plugin Morphed Models from
DAZ > to VAM

;D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
gratulations, that you have found your way.
I didn't know about that CHokapi VaM importer thingy, too.
If you have created a proper morph in DAZ, all you have to do is to locate that .dsf file in the depths of the DAZ folders (I simply made a windows shortcut to that folder once) and then copy it over to the right VaM morph folder. The two new files .VMB and .VMI are automatically created from the .dsf file if you start up VaM. This will skip the whole "VAM-Importer" part to avoid possible irritations or errors. I don't know why Chopcapi creates a jason file, because it is not needed.

My workflow is:

1. Load the Genesis 2 Figure in DAZ and set it to base resolution.
2. Use this figure as it is (if you only want to make some boobs or nose... morphs) or dial in some additional DAZ morphs, if you want.
3. Export this Figure as an OBJ from within DAZ. (If you only use the standard G2 figure without morphs, than you export it once and skip that step for further use).
If your 3D Modeling tool needs an other scale, then set that scale at the export menu (e.g. Blender 1 unit = 50cm). I use Paintbrush and therefore don't need to change the DAZ scale.
4. Load and edit that OBJ mesh file in your 3D tool.
5. Once it is done, save it as new OBJ file
6. Now its DAZs turn: Load the standard Genesis 2 figure, if you have closed it before.
7. Use the DAZ morph importer "Morph Loader Pro". If you have changed the models vertice count or didn't set the resolution to "base", it will fail at this point with no mercy. If you have altered the size for use in your 3D tool, then click the apopriate size change in the "from" section, or your morph will grow your figure to a giant or shrink it to a dwarf. The importer tries to find similarities between the OBJ model and the DAZ figure which already has an rigged skeleton: The better it fits to the standard the better result you will get. Therefore: Better do some seperate morphs instead of an all-in-one body morph.
8. Find and dial in your imported morph. Does it look OK? No popping eyes? Has the Morph Importer did a good job? Move the arms a bit to see if it needs to be rigged. If you only do a breast morph, then you can probably skip step 9 &10. It is good if you don't have to re-rig the skeleton, because otherwhise it might be flagged as "bone morph" in VaM and the figure might do a little "hickup" if you dial in your morph (not good for animations).
8b. Use the Joint Editor tool to see if the skeleton fits. Most critical part is the tongue from my experience.
9. If it doesn't fit, or if you are completely unsure, do a "Adjust Rigging to Shape". Click to adjust the bone orientation only if neccessary.
10. Is the skeleton fitting now? If not, then move around the joints and bones to make them fit. This is not as trivial as it sounds!
11. If everything is OK, then do the ERC freeze to make your morph changes permanent. Otherwhise you can try to save your morph but everything is lost as soon as you re-load the DAZ session.
12. Save the morph from within DAZ as morph asset.
13. Locate your saved morph in the DAZ folders, copy it to the right VaM folder and you are done.

Cause English isn't my native language and I had to look at DAZ for some names, this little writing took about an hour, lol.
If it was of any use, maybe you want to click "like" and I am happy.

By the way, if someone wants to learn something about DAZ morph import etc., don't look for VaM tutorials, but for old DAZ tutorials. The DAZ community is 10 times bigger and older and there are tons of stuff. Therefore it is important to explain it has only a little to do with VaM, if you want do a morph IMHO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi thx so much for your time offering the workflow you are doing.
I will sure try that out :)

Isnt a Rigging to Shape a Must workflow ?

I mean so far i always followed some Guides i found and they always do it.
Actually do you mean to move the Hands in DAZ a bit ?
So far i never moved any Arm or Body Parts in DAZ, it is all Static for me currently, but it sounds interesting to check things of course.

You wrote "...otherwhise it might be flagged as "bone morph" in VaM"
Where do i see this ?

So far since this week the Test Morphs turn out good.
Everythings moving correct regarding bones.
Eyes are good , but didnt check the tongue to be honest.
I will sure check tongue also then :)

Regarding the separate Morph workflow you recommended.
Above you wrote something i actually would like to know of a bit more

" only load and export the attached female or male genital meshes (yes, the male genitals are seperate objects, too) to edit them. "

Is there a Guide for that ?

Currently in DAZ i load the GEN2 and then add the Genital and move sliders or i load a Genital Plugin i bougth at Renderotica and play around with that.
I still feel kinda confused that you and others told me my Genital Plugins have zero effect importing them to VAM which is really funny ;)

But if you say i can export the mesh and use it then calms me down again, since i though what a waste of time and money i invested buying like 10
Genital and Butt and Breast Morph Plugins if i cannot use them.

So i can export that as a own Mesh you wrote.
And how do i combine that again then with my Model Shape / Export ?

If you find some time again doesn't needs to be now id be very thankful if you can give me a Link or a hint how to Export the Mesh and Combine it again .

I think female Genitals are way easier to work with than Male since its so much more to care of aesthetics with Male Genitals.
The Male has to be solved too since i sure also want to create some Male Models in my Workflow to use them for example Scenes.

But honestly i am happy. This week was great i learned so much more with Help from you nice people here :)

🏆

Upvote 0
Hi,
using the DAZ Morph Loader Pro already does some sort of rigging. It tries to find similarities between the full rigged Genesis 2 figure and the figure you are trying to import. More or less it morphs the Genesis 2 figure to fit the custom shape. Because the base figure is rigged, the resulting morphed figure is rigged, too. You only need to adjust the rigging, if the custom shape differs too much from the original shape. No need to re-rig, if you do a nose-morph, for instance.

Surely you have seen those symbols at the upper right edge of some morph entrys. If you hoover your pointer over it, it will say something like "includes bone morphs, not suitable for animations..." or something like that. This happens, if a morph not only alters the outer shape, but also the lenght or position of some bones and joints. The figure will shake slightly if you dial in one of those morphs. No big issue, but IMHO you should avoid that if it is not neccessary.

I said that it would be better to do some single morphs, than to do one big full body morphs, because this has some advantages. If you do a separate morph for elf ears, for instance, one for a sharp nose and one for big boobs, you can combine them afterwards to a big boobed, sharp nosed elf, if that was your goal.... or to something completely different. If you do a single morph for a big boobed sharp nosed elf, you can throw it away, if you don't like it anymore... plus the higher possibility that you will have probably more issues with one big complicated morph. But that strongly depends on what you are planning to do: Doing a complete anime head is more simple than doing multiple seperate morphs that leads to a anime head, for instance. But doing a complete anime body incl head, you will never be able to combine it with a different body/head.

The DAZ genitals are own meshes, separate from the main figures, and so they are in VaM. If you want to do genital morphs, you have to do the changes on those separate meshes in a similar way you would create body or head morphs. So VaM uses other female genitals than the (very bad) standard Genesis 2 genital mesh, unfortunately you purchased morphs will not work if they are for the standard female genitals. You can find the "New Female Genitalia for Genesis 2 Version 1(!) (from ~ 3Feetwolve) at Renderotica, too. If you buy morphs suitable for those (somewhat famous) "New Genitalia", then they will be working in VaM, too. Many of them are already build-in morphs included in VaM. Maybe some of the standard genital morphs somehow are working on that new genitalia, too, but I don't know this from memory any more. But don't do a bet on that. The male genitals are the same in VaM and DAZ.

Instead of loading the full Genesis 2 Figure with Genitals, try to load only the genitals. It is possible in some way, but it is a long time ago since I did that. Once you have exported them as OBJ, you can use them for any other morph project again and again. Don't forget to set the details to basic, too. If you edit them, don't forget to keep the shape of the mesh that directly connects to the body, or you will see a gap. Keep away from the seams. After that, do exactly as you would do with a body morph. Think of it as an completely own body.

I don't know If there is a guide for that, because I never read them completely. They all came out after my own troublesome try-and-error learning time. I did a lot of explaining on reddit at that time, so they should have including the genitals, in theory. So I am very slow and bad in writing in English, I never did a complete guide myself.

Upvote 0
Hi TToby ,

thx for your time again and the huge Background Information regarding my questions :)
Your english is very good. Better than mine as i notice ;)

This makes all sense now of course, how you describe the advantage of splitting and to be able to keep the Morphs fo later, or to not destroy a entire morph as it is currently if you do a mistake. So i will follow that direction and care of that from now on :)

I wll have a look again at Renderotica for the GEN 2 Morphs.
Currently i checked and most i bought is really GEN8 ;D
So i can save them for a hopefully Virt a Mate V2 to support Genesis 8 one day.

I will have a look at Google or reddit a bit closer regarding importing only Genitals, if that is as you explained possible to load them alone.
I tried that before and it always failed since no gen 2 Model has been loaded.
So i will check for a solution here :)

Greetings

Upvote 0
I just opened up DAZ and tried to only load the genitals. It is possible, but a pain to navigate to the correct DAZ mesh.

Try this instead:
In DAZ, load the standard Genesis 2 figure and attach the correct genitals to this figure as normal (You will find it in the standard "smart content" tab under "Anatomy").

If you can't find the "new genitals" in the "smart content" tab (because DAZ is sometimes a mess handling 3D party content), you willl find it in the standard "content library" tab under: "My library"/ "People" / "Genesis 2 Female" / "Anatomy" / "New Genitalia for Genesis 2"

On the right upper side of the DAZ screen you should find the standard "scene" tab. That is where you find all the objects and figures you have added to the scene listed as separate text lines in a kind of parent-child listing.
The genitals will be parented to the Genesis 2 figure. That means: If you will delete the Genesis 2 Figure, you will also delete the genitals...
To avoid that, just right-click on the genital-entry and choose "unparent". Now you will be able to delete the Genesis 2 figure and only keep the genitals alone.

Upvote 0
So nice from you TToby
to check the Workflow and explaining it to me. Ill try that tonight and give you a feedback how it turned out ;D

Upvote 0
Is there a way to replace or reset the eyeballs so they become round again? I accidentally deformed the eyes and now they are kind of rectangular. I want them to be spherical again in Blender (I cant do that manually - they are to messed up).
(I only use one morph for my whole character so far)

I was a 3D artist back in the day so I will learn, but I need to ask some noob questions now in the beginning.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to replace or reset the eyeballs so they become round again? I accidentally deformed the eyes and now they are kind of rectangular. I want them to be spherical again in Blender (I cant do that manually - they are to messed up).
(I only use one morph for my whole character so far)

I was a 3D artist back in the day so I will learn, but I need to ask some noob questions now in the beginning.

Hi,
You can't simply replace the eyeballs.
it is possible to repair them, but it's cumbersome.

You can export your all-in-one morph to DAZ3d.
Then you apply the morph to a Genesis 2 figure (don't forget to switch off mesh smoothing).
Export the morphed figure as OBJ.
Edit it in Blender.
Use the DAZ morph importer tool.
Maybe re-rig the figure.
Export the edited morph to VaM.
(There are tutorials for all of this)

BUT: The eyeballs are absolutely horrible to edit!!!
They consists of two layer of eyeballs, two lenses, two layers of retina, lacrimals, tearline, 4 lashes... PER EYE! In the edit process you are not allowed to add or remove even a single vertice, or you can't get it back to DAZ. This is the reason why cutting and replacing parts is so dangerous. (I once shipwrecked because of only 3 missing vertices!).

I once did exactly the same thing for an early anime/manga character of mine with VERY distorted eyeballs... and I wouldn't do that ever again, not even for money. Lol
Maybe it is a bit more simple in Blender than in ZBrush.

As you may allready know: If the eyeballs are at chance only distorted in a more simple way, maybe a bit flattened and squished, or the retina is a bit distorted:
There are some "eye repair morphs" around, which can do some basic scaling in x- y-axis, moving the eyeball around and for moving the retina.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
You can't simply replace the eyeballs.
it is possible to repair them, but it's cumbersome.

You can export your all-in-one morph to DAZ3d.
Then you apply the morph to a Genesis 2 figure (don't forget to switch off mesh smoothing).
Export the morphed figure as OBJ.
Edit it in Blender.
Use the DAZ morph importer tool.
Maybe re-rig the figure.
Export the edited morph to VaM.
(There are tutorials for all of this)

BUT: The eyeballs are absolutely horrible to edit!!!
They consists of two layer of eyeballs, two lenses, two layers of retina, lacrimals, tearline, 4 lashes... PER EYE! In the edit process you are not allowed to add or remove even a single vertice, or you can't get it back to DAZ. This is the reason why cutting and replacing parts is so dangerous. (I once shipwrecked because of only 3 missing vertices!).

I once did exactly the same thing for an early anime/manga character of mine with VERY distorted eyeballs... and I wouldn't do that ever again, not even for money. Lol
Maybe it is a bit more simple in Blender than in ZBrush.

As you may allready know: If the eyeballs are at chance only distorted in a more simple way, maybe a bit flattened and squished, or the retina is a bit distorted:
There are some "eye repair morphs" around, which can do some basic scaling in x- y-axis, moving the eyeball around and for moving the retina.
Thank you so much for the answer. I am a little sad about it because the model except the eyes is great. I'll play around and see what does the trick.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the answer. I am a little sad about it because the model except the eyes is great. I'll play around and see what does the trick.
couldnt you import a 2nd base female from daz, select just the eyeballs using the vertex group or material selection, and then separate it into its own object....move it into place, and then join it? I've never tried this, but just thinking out loud here...the vertex count shouldnt change, in theory?

Upvote 0
couldnt you import a 2nd base female from daz, select just the eyeballs using the vertex group or material selection, and then separate it into its own object....move it into place, and then join it? I've never tried this, but just thinking out loud here...the vertex count shouldnt change, in theory?
I think it will mess up the vertices order and make model corrupt. Im now actually hiding everything except the balls with "Box hide" and manually fixing the eyes.. It is not funny at all. :D

Upvote 0
I think it will mess up the vertices order and make model corrupt. Im now actually hiding everything except the balls with "Box hide" and manually fixing the eyes.. It is not funny at all. :D
yah, I see the problem there. another thought would be to create a lattice object,fit it to 1 eyeball, and then snap it to the vertices of another.

Upvote 0
Been there, done that...
3 vertices lost on the way at the lacrimals. The DAZ morph importer was merciless.
costs me 3h to find that vertices and to fix this.
Due to the complicated construction of the eyes, there is IMHO no "easy" way to speed up things significantly.
Most reliable way is to move each vertice manually by hand and maybe by chance mirroring will work.

Upvote 0
this is impossible cuz what happens is the vertex order gets changed so does its structure if even one vertex changes it breaks daz studio from importing it...the best thing to do if you have to change the eyes is keep them intack you can manipulate them all you want but they have to stay connected...if your using blender the best way to do this would be to select everything but the eyes and hide it since that doesnt seperate it from its vertext order and make adjustments there...but no vertex can be broken from its structure daz has very abrasive rules on this as it will break morph management of the gen 2 character...mirroring should work unless you have to mirror the whole object by deleting half of the character if i remember correctly this will also break the vertex order but i could be wrong though i seemed to have tried it in the past with issues...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
True.
I would suggest to always hide or lock the complete head internals while editing, like eyeballs, lashes, teeth tongue,...
Those are horrible to repair later on.
If you have to scale them, always scale them as a group, if possible. Safety first.
I would also suggest to better do many small changes and look if it still can be imported to DAZ, than one big mesh editing worth some hours of (wasted) work. Maybe you even want to save some of those small changes as separate VaM morphs, to get your own custom morph collections as a side project. Feet morphs, head morphs, body morphs, hand morphs... You can later merge them together, anyways.

So we are here with the well-intended advices:
If you are at the point of re-rigging with DAZ (adjust rigging to shape), always keep an sharp eye on the tongue! This will get distorted easiely during this process! A distorted tongue is a very common issue, even at professional products.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom