Not A Bug Game randomly freezes up

Miki

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
MikiDesign
Just installed the newest update today, and the game keeps freezing up at random moments while editing morphs, textures, and animations. No idea what is causing it as there is no error or crash, just completely frozen requiring a force close. Seems to happen more often while editing with Timeline. Have also tried in a scene without any plugins and still randomly get the problem.

When it happens, can you make a copy of /c/Users/[yourUserID]/AppData/LocalLow/MeshedVR/VaM/output_log.txt and PM it to me? This might give a clue as to what is happening. I won't be able to fix without being able to replicate are at least have an indicator of what is happening.

I have sent you a PM with a link for the output log. I also tried downgrading back to the last stable build (1.20.1.5) and the issue is now persisting there as well, which is very odd because that version never had an issue before I updated. I have a backup clean version of 1.20.1.5 with all the basic plugins (timeline, postmagic, etc.) and that still runs without any issue. Please let me know if you find anything!

Last edited:
Lockup would happen if you are attempting to overclock the GPU or if it was under/over volted or possibly heat issue. I would check all of those before investing in a new GPU. VaM works great with the new 3000 series cards.

Lockup would happen if you are attempting to overclock the GPU or if it was under/over volted or possibly heat issue. I would check all of those before investing in a new GPU. VaM works great with the new 3000 series cards.

Hi Meshedvr,

I just closed the steam apps then it works again . I will upgrade to 2000 series first, 3000 series no stock in my country .

Thanks for creating this awesome game

Will confirm game works amazing on 3000 series. Can overclock some but have to find the right balance for your specific card, but runs fantastic at stock speeds anyways.

Back
Top Bottom