Future Girl Next Door

Scenes Future Girl Next Door

Looks interesting but with that amount of dependencies I'll have to wait for a new release to try it out. Thanks for sharing anyway.
If the list of dependencies is because of your morphs, you can try a body morph merger, or whatever it's called.
Either way, best to do it on a clean VAM or else the dependencies nesting will be huge.

Looks interesting but with that amount of dependencies I'll have to wait for a new release to try it out. Thanks for sharing anyway.
If the list of dependencies is because of your morphs, you can try a body morph merger, or whatever it's called.
Either way, best to do it on a clean VAM or else the dependencies nesting will be huge.
I don’t think it’s because of morphs I think all but 2 are default morphs.. most dependencies should be clothing as the scene comes with a ton of clothing options so... optional downloads in most cases. if you're an avid VAM user you should have most of these dependencies anyway and if not, they are great assets to have.

Last edited:
You use a lot of neat stuff from the hub for plugins and refinements. That's awesome.

Only recommendation I have for your dependencies is to provide links in the main post to things that are not on the hub.
Looks like you use YameteOuji's clothing for example.

Especially for anything that's a paid asset - I can't of those are paid.

I haven't tried it yet but will edit my post with thoughts after a thorough hands-on play test.

You use a lot of neat stuff from the hub for plugins and refinements. That's awesome.

Only recommendation I have for your dependencies is to provide links in the main post to things that are not on the hub.
Looks like you use YameteOuji's clothing for example.

Especially for anything that's a paid asset - I can't of those are paid.

I haven't tried it yet but will edit my post with thoughts after a thorough hands-on play test.
I put in the main post links to the 'look' you need and makeup that you dont really need but i feel completes the look. everything else, clothing wise, is superficial and optional.

tom.ace1776 updated Future Girl Next Door with a new update entry:

BIG update!

Before you say it, I know the dependencies are long. This scene is meant to be something much bigger than all the usual free scenes out there with only a few dependencies. I'm willing to pay anyone who can shorten the list of dependencies for me without breaking the scene, or to explain to me the process of shortening the list of dependencies without breaking the scene. In the mean-time, If you don't want to download all the dependencies then this scene is not for you. Very sorry about...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After reading your update post, naturally i had to download this and peek inside meta. 🙃😁
To be fair you have about 70 presets (every single one of them can have impact on dependencies).
Didn't search inside them, however i did look inside your main scene and subscenes.
Based on that only 2 references caught my attention Gegecucu.Happy_Game.4 & TOM_ACE.FGNDLook.latest

With first one you have Skinny Jeans equipped inside your main scene (maybe inside one of presets as well), but not correct package reference.
Instead of jakuubz.Skinny_Jeans.1 (with 0 dependencies) you use same Jeans from Gegecucu.Happy_Game.4 (with 15 dependencies).

And second one less important TOM_ACE.FGNDLook.latest, i'll mention it only because it's not hub hosted...4 dependencies there, that's nothing.
You use TikTok_Makeup(drunkenness).png face decal from that package inside main scene (maybe in one of presets as well).

Possible 10% reduction in dependencies is no major impact (compared to 143).
My guess there are some morphs/pose morphs, preset textfield saved inside those presets...but way too many to look through.
To be fair most of your dependencies are used, not many unused sub-dependencies either.
Based on the way this scene/package is constructed, i doubt total number can even go bellow 100 (it's just the nature of scene, not your fault). 😉

hola, take a read through this: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-package-like-a-pro-a-guide-on-proper-var-building.8212/
see if that helps you spot some dependencies that can be removed

good luck :)
After reading your update post, naturally i had to download this and peek inside meta. 🙃😁
To be fair you have about 70 presets (every single one of them can have impact on dependencies).
Didn't search inside them, however i did look inside your main scene and subscenes.
Based on that only 2 references caught my attention Gegecucu.Happy_Game.4 & TOM_ACE.FGNDLook.latest

With first one you have Skinny Jeans equipped inside your main scene (maybe inside one of presets as well), but not correct package reference.
Instead of jakuubz.Skinny_Jeans.1 (with 0 dependencies) you use same Jeans from Gegecucu.Happy_Game.4 (with 15 dependencies).

And second one less important TOM_ACE.FGNDLook.latest, i'll mention it only because it's not hub hosted...4 dependencies there, that's nothing.
You use TikTok_Makeup(drunkenness).png face decal from that package inside main scene (maybe in one of presets as well).

Possible 10% reduction in dependencies is no major impact (compared to 143).
My guess there are some morphs/pose morphs, preset textfield saved inside those presets...but way too many to look through.
To be fair most of your dependencies are used, not many unused sub-dependencies either.
Based on the way this scene/package is constructed, i doubt total number can even go bellow 100 (it's just the nature of scene, not your fault). 😉

THANK YOU! its great to hear I was at least hoping most of the dependencies were for something USED.. if thats the case I dont mind the high number and if people do mind the high number this scene isnt for them. I wanted a scene that uses a lot of custom things to bring it all together so of course that has a high dependency. thank you for the comment

I really tried to get through reading that but i'm so lost
no worries, maybe focus on the "How to avoid it in the first place and make clean VARs easily" section. you might find those best practices help you spot some improvements to make. it talks about using VaM in there, much less brain melting than reading the raw files!

no worries, maybe focus on the "How to avoid it in the first place and make clean VARs easily" section. you might find those best practices help you spot some improvements to make. it talks about using VaM in there, much less brain melting than reading the raw files!

do you know how to fix broken references as well?

as in the ones that are not on the hub that come up as missing? those will be addons you've downloaded manually. a lot of paid content from pateron will behave like that. also older stuff that was not packaged as a var.

i think the quickest way to get a list of those is to do the clean install trick. load your scene up in a clean install, open package manager then bottom left click "scan hub for missing packages". that should open a new screen with a ton of red packages, take those as a list to try either removing or finding a link.

the perfect package is one on the hub that can also be downloaded from the hub. those should automagically work for you and your users. other packages are on the hub to find, but link to another website to download. assuming it's free users will have to follow those links and download them by hand. then there are packages that were never on the hub (VaM existed long before the hub was made) so you might be able to find a web link to download them from and link that in here.

once you've worked out where all the oddball packages are you can decide if they are worth the pain to get.

the good news is there are a lot of very common packages that are not fully hub hosted, so users will tend to already have those. take a poke about some other scenes dependencies list to see if there are some matches.

yes, this is all a real pain, but at least we're just fussing over a few hundred packages. in my day job i get exactly this sort of mess for 10s of thousands of packages! packaging is great when it works, but i've never seen a system yet that doesn't have its set of hoops to jump through!

as in the ones that are not on the hub that come up as missing? those will be addons you've downloaded manually. a lot of paid content from pateron will behave like that. also older stuff that was not packaged as a var.

i think the quickest way to get a list of those is to do the clean install trick. load your scene up in a clean install, open package manager then bottom left click "scan hub for missing packages". that should open a new screen with a ton of red packages, take those as a list to try either removing or finding a link.

the perfect package is one on the hub that can also be downloaded from the hub. those should automagically work for you and your users. other packages are on the hub to find, but link to another website to download. assuming it's free users will have to follow those links and download them by hand. then there are packages that were never on the hub (VaM existed long before the hub was made) so you might be able to find a web link to download them from and link that in here.

once you've worked out where all the oddball packages are you can decide if they are worth the pain to get.

the good news is there are a lot of very common packages that are not fully hub hosted, so users will tend to already have those. take a poke about some other scenes dependencies list to see if there are some matches.

yes, this is all a real pain, but at least we're just fussing over a few hundred packages. in my day job i get exactly this sort of mess for 10s of thousands of packages! packaging is great when it works, but i've never seen a system yet that doesn't have its set of hoops to jump through!
very insightful, thank you

I really tried to get through reading that but i'm so lost
Yep, it's a bit long and not that easy to explain.

The 1st section explains how to find out the dependencies and get rid of them. This is the most complex and that is what @RandomVAMUser had started to do here.

2nd part explains how to avoid them in the first place, with a lot of best practices. Focus at least on that, it'll make your next scenes way easier to manage and save you from a dependency mess ;)

@WanderingWomble has already explained most of the main concept very well here.
The quick getaway is: use a clean VAM install.

Thanks for the great scene. Custom looks work really well with it an especially the "fuck her right here" option is a very special idea

tom.ace1776 updated Future Girl Next Door with a new update entry:

NEW FEATURES UPDATE!

Newly Added:
-UNDRESS option for all outfits!
-New body shape slider options
-New ethnicity skin texture choices
-tattoo choices
-new hair choices
-new outfits
-new poses
-color tone changes
- bug fixes
...and more

Let me know else what you guys want me to add! more animation scenes? poses? let me know!

yes I'm aware the dependency list is long. There is a lot of free custom content from the hub and elsewhere in this scene!! Highly recommended you take the time to download them all as I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom