Fully Interactive Audio Books in a Scene

Hedgepig

Reactions
No Mocap yet, just proof of concept that you can make an interactive audio book and place it in a scene.

Audiobook synopsis: When shy, single, twenty-five-year-old MIT tutor, Dr. Daniel Price is headhunted to work for a research lab in an isolated, secretive factory producing the most advanced sex droids in the world, Daniel can’t believe his good fortune. However, he soon discovers these droids are sentient, and just as difficult and demanding as human females, but in a different way. 7000 words.

Eighteen months ago, I wrote and published a book that climbed way up in the top 100 in it’s categories, 5 star reviews. Unfortunately, due to my complete lack of competence and interest in marketing, it quickly fell off the scale, and now languishes in obscurity like a miserable, cruelly abandoned offspring.

I needed to rescue my novel, and , to help market it, I decided to turn it into an audio book and add animated scenes. Books that use this technique have their own category: Kindle in Motion.

The trouble is, my book is seriously hardcore erotica. Despite Amazon publishing all legal genres of written erotica, millions of titles with a near infinite variety of heathy fetishes and goodly gross-out perversions, Amazon would not be happy with a book containing hardcore gifs or images.

I don’t get Amazon’s problem with hardcore erotic images, but that’s how it is. It’s so frustrating. I mean, what the hell’s wrong with gifs of an alien futa-lesbian foursome in a chapter that already graphically describes that scene in the writing?

Then, I had a brainwave, and I thought, fuck Amazon’s prudish attitudes, if I can't publish an audiobook with hardcore erotic scenes, then why not put the audiobook inside an erotic 3D scene? While I’m at it, why not go the whole hog and make it fully interactive with chatbots?

Easier conceptualized than done. Sixteen months later, I was still obsessively working in Unity, no further novel writing done, with 999 red warnings in the Unity console, banging my head on the desk. Then, by accident, serendipity, I discovered VAM, when I was actually looking for information about Virtual Mate, and thinking of defecting to Unreal.

So glad I found you guys. And WOW, does this VAM engine and plugins work! We do however, share a problem: VAM, you need to market yourselves more.

Anyway back to the book bots, Thinking, maybe we should give these bots a name, they aren’t chatbots, so

are they audiobook bots, or maybe audio bots?

Now here’s the thing, these two ‘audiobots’ in the scene don’t just read aloud, ‘interactive’ means they can answer questions about the narrative, as well as telling it from their differing points of view. And so much more.

I cut up and repurposed an unpublished novel and blasted out a 7000 word stand-alone short, to test the system. And it works!

At the moment, the models in the scenes don’t do very much motion-wise, except lipsync the text-to-speech that they are reading, as well as lazing around while looking totally gorgeous, but it’s already like talking to two real-life people, well, actually they are not human, but as you will discover, very lifelike sex-droids.

I’m almost tempted just to put the whole scene up as it is, as an in-scene audiobook without the animations. Please let me know your views on this idea.

Here’s some teasers, I’ll update you with progress.

If anyone wants the full 35 min vid, PM me and let me know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom