• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

FPS problem

phnordmann

Reactions
I just got a brand new pc.
CPU 14900 kf, GPU 4090, 64 gb 6000mhz ram ddr5, and I'm kind of dissapointed with the performance.

My old pc was a i9 10900, and I also had the 4090 gpu, that I use in my new computer, 64 gb ddr4 ram.

I get around 35-40 in a scene, the same as the old pc, but when I start a scene with 3 characters, I get around 50 +/-.
I never had 50 fps on my old pc with 3 characters.

The scene has the same assets and everything.

I thought I would get a lot more fps with the i9 14900 kf.
And I also didn't think I would get more fps in a scene with 3 characters.
Why does this happend.

Any one who have the same specs I have now, and what kind of fps do you get.

Any one who have the same specs I have now, and what kind of fps do you get.
That question is making no sense cause there are too many variables in VaM being in charge for the fps-count.

If you want a real comparison create a scene in desktop mode (vanilla VaM only), don't change the camera view, tell me what your resolution and your fps count is. Upload it somewhere, I would download the scene and tell you what I have. 13900K and 4090 with 32GB DDR4, it's nearly the same, yours should be a little higher.

This has been covered over, and over and over again. We recently had a similar discussion with somebody else.
Please, search the forums and look for "performances" / "framerate" / "fps" keywords. You have a huge knowledge base at your disposal to improve your experience.

Spoiler (again): the game is limited by the CPU, you will NOT get 300fps because you're buying a 600$ CPU.

Back
Top Bottom