Damarmau

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Damarmau submitted a new resource:

Forest 4 - Pre lit scenes

Join discord to see latest stuff I'm working on:

CC BY-NC-SA

A simple pre lit forest environment for taking pictures of elves. As usual scenes have a blank model in them so you can load your own. The pictured elves are not included.

All scenes share the same atoms so you can merge load between them.

View attachment 221582
View attachment 221579[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Hey! these are all cool.. I noticed that in your scenes you have the hazomox vam-tweeker in the plug in .. Ive got mine set up as a session plug in.. did I do that wrong or is that just there in your model for display purposes??

Vam tweaks can change the built in shadow settings for directional lights. it can increase the range as well as make them sharper at a performance cost. Not every scene needs shadow range increase or sharpness increased and in some situations them being sharper makes things look worse making it somewhat of a situational environment specific plugin so for me it doesn’t make much sense to have it loaded up in sessions where it could possibly overwrite scene specific settings. I know there are some plugins that don’t like multiple instances being loaded like postmagic but I’ve never done any testing with vam tweaks to know what kind of effects multiple loaded at once would have.

It didnt seem to cause any glitch for me. I could never figure out why directional light wasn't casting shadows on the ground for some of my larger assets until i messed around with some of the settings and cranked them yesterday. Finally I see shadows on the ground. It seems to be a view distance kind of senerio tho where if your not on top of the area. no shadows. but if you increase the range then you can see shadows from farther away.. Here, an Example I did yesterday.

the first one is with the default of 25.. i cranked it to 50 and then they were on the ground.
I thought it had something to do with the textured from the asset I imported from Unity and the vamifier wasn't working correctly. My assets are just to big.. I need to reconsider how I make them.. they take up the whole skybox lol..

Attachments

• 1678336478.jpg
    1678336478.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1678336419.jpg
    1678336419.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Yeah, 25 is the default for vam and before the plugin you couldn’t get shadows to work beyond that distance so that is the main thing I use it for in outdoor scenes.
CE9176A9-1710-4AA2-A8DC-4A64E0887E9B.jpeg

Where did you get those green legs and cape the redhair elf has in the screenshots? Super cool clothing. The scene is of course gorgeous as always :)

Where did you get those green legs and cape the redhair elf has in the screenshots? Super cool clothing. The scene is of course gorgeous as always :)
Leggings are the built in Neo Ayane ones by MeshedVR, with the cyber dark texture group, and I just adjusted color.

Cloak is an old one by kemenate plus the wolf slayer one recolored.

VaM 2023-03-11 09-01-22.jpg
VaM 2023-03-11 08-59-58.jpg

Back
Top Bottom